The Business Systems administrator II will support the Installing and configuring software, and monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues enterprise wide business systems and analytic software solutions. This role will provide direct end user and support for problems/questions, develop and document a plan of action, prepare test data and perform testing activities and escalate issues as required. The position involves multiple, daily interactions with associates from various departments, managing work from a ticketing system and being a responsible, credible source of assistance to professional staff.
| Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with functional associates on issues and projects with discussions lead by a Director of Business Systems or a member of management.
· Provide first-line support for a wide variety of trouble tickets related to Deployed software/hardware/peripherals. Respond either in-person, with remote control, or by
driving to our local sites
· Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
· Document the cause, effect, and resolution to production issues.
· Completes unit/functional testing to ensure total functionality is in place. Creates and executes test plans/activities to obtain end user approval.
· Set up and manage accounts and Ensure security through access controls
· Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
· Coordinate, participate application development for multiple projects.
· Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
· Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
· Work with employees to support the development of analyses, dashboards, reports, and ad hoc queries.
· Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
· Provide minor programming for in-house IT projects.
· implementing new releases and software upgrade
· Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
· Responsible for and participating in the data backup process and disaster recovery planning.
· 1-3 years of related experience in a similar role.
· Experience with SAAS software administration.
· Proficiency with MS Office software.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
· Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
· Willingness to work outside of normal business hours in support of system maintenance, system deployments, and resolution of production issues.
· A results oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments and has the ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities.
· Quick learner with an outstanding work ethic.
Communicate effectively with co-workers, quality assurance staff, system users, documentation staff and management.
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
· Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
· Must have outstanding communication skills and a strong understand of applications, computers and mobile devices.
· Must have a basic understanding of IT infrastructure, networking communication and a basic understanding of information security.
· Competency in manufacturing processes and practices and an understanding of how software applications function.
· Stellar troubleshooting, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; is a plus
| Working Environment
· Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
| Physical Requirements
· Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
· Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
· Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.