Who We Are
SiriusPoint is a global (re)insurer writing a worldwide portfolio of businesses including Accident & Health, Liability, Propertyand Specialty.
Bermuda-headquartered and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: SPNT), we are looking at ways to grow intelligently, underwrite profitably, and drive technology innovation in the insurance industry.
We challenge convention, disrupt the traditional way of doing things, and devise new and better solutions. We strive to be excellent in everything we do, and to continuously build knowledge and learn beyond our current skillsets.
Join Our Team
You will be ourAssistant General Counsel,a key member of our legal team who will beresponsible for assisting with a wide-range of legal matters involving property and casualty (re)insurance company operations.You will join us at an exciting time as we are growing and investing in our infrastructure to support our business growth. You will report tothe Chief Legal Officer.
Yourresponsibilities will include:
- Assistingwith legal matters associated with North American operations, including business unit support, regulatory,and compliance matters.
- Servingas legal counsel to insurance and reinsurance underwriters by providing advice and guidance on business and contractual matters, including ensuring agreements are in compliance with insurance laws applicable to the company’s products and licensing.
- Producingagreements involving managing general agency(MGA)relationships and other producers, administrators,and vendors.
- Preparingresponses and presentations to state insurance departments in connection with new business initiatives, market conduct, consumer complaints,and coverage matters.
- Conductinglegal research and prepare memoranda regarding legislative developments and current affairs affecting the company’s products and operations.
- Participatingin the review and preparation of policy wordings and reinsurance contracts including direct insurance and assumed and ceded reinsurance business.
- Draft and review a variety of agreements including, collateral arrangements, commutations and confidentiality agreements as needed. Advise and assist with the management, preparation and approval of marketing and advertising programs.
- Reviewingand advisingon a wide-range of corporate contracts, includingtechnologyservice agreements and other vendor agreements.
- Managingcoverage matters and associated litigation and alternative dispute resolutions.
- Providingguidance and assistance to the company’s compliance staff.
- Ensuringproper maintenance of the company’s legal files, books,and records.
Weare buildingadifferentiated culture and approach. We have shared values that drive our behavior and a culture that makes it a fun, exciting, and productive place to work and a great partner to do business with.You should be entrepreneurial, pioneering, open, and yourself.
Your skills and abilities should include:
- Experienceas in-house and/or external counselwith7+years ofinsurance and/or reinsurance expertise.
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the New York Bar (preferred) and/or any US State.
- Ability to manage others while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines - prioritizing, multi-tasking, and maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- An exceptional communicator, collaborator, and influencer. Skilled at engaging with and building trusted relationships with C-suite leaders and other key stakeholders. Able to bring people together.
- Able to operate and excel at both strategic and tactical levels. Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
We Achieve More Together
We value and support the unique voices, backgrounds, lifestyles, and contributions of a diverse global employee base that contributes to our culture every day. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEI&B) is imperative to our success.
We are building an environment that imbeds DEI&B into everything we do and enables us to unlock critical drivers of equality, innovation, and success. We want everyone to be included, valued, respected, and supported to unleash their full potential.
The estimated salary range for this position is $200,000-$250,000 per year. This is a good-faith assessment of the salary range for this position only. In determining the actual salary within this range, SiriusPoint will consider a candidate’s relevant experience, location, and other job-related factors.