Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Business Development team at Checkr is responsible for opening markets, forging new partnerships and acting as the tip of the spear to deliver revenue and success for our customers, partners and business.
The International team is responsible for defining and executing the strategy to support Checkr’s global growth. The Director of International Business Development is responsible for owning Checkr’s success in EMEA. The individual will help to land new customers, optimize our data supply chain and products for the region. Over time they will hire and manage the local GTM teams. It takes a mixture of creativity, empathy, an analytical mind, sales skills and grit to bring a new market to life. This role operates on the front lines, enabling Checkr to seamlessly support our global and local customers and partners.
- Become the expert on the EMEA market, learning the current pain points, regulations and opportunity for background checks
- Define and own the success metrics for the market
- Explore, execute and manage data vendor partnerships and other business development opportunities required to effectively serve the market
- Lead a cross functional team (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, Customer Success) to operationalize the operating model pre and post sales
What you bring:
- An appreciation for the complexity of the background check industry across different industries and business models
- A love of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for solving complex problems
- An unparalleled attention to detail
- Cross functional skills: from business development and operations to partnership management, customer support and product management
- The ability to build repeatable, scalable processes
- The highest integrity. Checkr’s values define us. The role is our representative and face in the market.
- 15+ years of total work experience
- 7+ business development or general management experience, preferably with responsibility for new market entry years
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a sales and operating plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Early stage or high growth startup experience
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theSan Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.