Are you passionate about non-profit finance? Do you like working with teams to develop their budgets and forecasts, and help make decisions around resources and their allocation? Do you like creating dashboards that highlight key financial data points? Do you enjoy building collaborative processes with other departments to ensure smooth running finances and operations for an organization? If so, this is the role for you!
About NCRP: NCRP works with movement groups to advocate for philanthropy that serves the public interest, functions with the highest standards of integrity and openness, and is held accountable to communities with the least wealth and opportunity. We seek to move more and better resources to frontline organizations fighting for immigrant justice, Black lives and liberation, climate justice, reproductive access, gender justice and more. Founded in 1976, NCRP is a nimble, mission-driven nonprofit that punches well above its weight in impact and influence. Learn more about NCRP:https://www.ncrp.org/
About the Position:This position will lead the financial management function for the organization. From building budgets and forecasts to the ground up, to pulling the organization budget together. The position will work closely with teams to review their regular financial performance and help them make decisions on how to allocate resources. The Finance Manager will also share financial information actively with the senior leadership team. The Finance Manager will also work to promote best practices around financial management and establish effective financial management processes at NCRP, resulting in a culture of active and effective management of financials.
Financial Management (45%)
- Track and build budgets and actuals for each of NCRP’s Projects and Departments.
- Build rolled up budgets and forecast for the organization as a whole, working closely with COO and rest of senior leadership team.
- Develop financial reports for funders and submit on a timely basis.
- Administer, Maintain and regularly update our financial planning and reporting software
- Prepare materials and financial information for finance committee of board of directors.
- Prepare financial dashboards of key financial indicators to share with staff and senior leadership
- Ensure that timesheets and expense reports are completed and submitted on time by staff to ensure that the accountant can close the books on a monthly basis.
- Identify process gaps and operational issues by working closely with teams to find and implement solutions.
Training and Collaboration (45%)
- Develop and deliver training on financial management for all staff.
- Onboard new staff on how financial management is practiced at NCRP
- Work closely with project leads and directors to help manage their budgets and inform decisions
- Regularly report up to Senior Leadership team on financial status of the organization as a whole, and inform them of any major discrepancies
- Work in synch with accountant to ensure that accounting and financial planning system is synched up
- Work closely with development team to ensure smooth pipeline management, new proposals, and new grant booking and management process.
Support general operations department initiatives and goals (10%)
- Serve as a liaison to relevant vendors as needed.
- Other administrative and departmental duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and alignment with NCRP’s values and goals.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in financial management
- Minimum of 5+ years’ professional experience in financial management, ideally in a nonprofit or political setting.
- High comfort level working with databases (familiarity Salesforce a plus) and experience with financial management tools.
- High level of attention to detail
- Some experience and familiarity with accounting systems and online tools
- Detail-oriented and organized, skilled at time management and juggling multiple priorities.
Keys to Success in the Approach (The How):
- Initiative and ingenuity:You dive right in with proactive ideas and creative solutions, identifying opportunities or new ways of doing things and quickly adjusting when faced with changes in internal priorities or external context.
- Sense of ownership, agency, and resilience:Ability to display foresight and find alternative paths, when needed, to get to the finish line. You often consult with others but are also capable of getting things rolling without much guidance if the goals are clear. Must be able to bounce back from setbacks and hold a high bar even when things are hectic.
- Manages Up, Down and Across:You keep your supervisor and your peers informed and ask for input, guidance, or a decision from them or colleagues in other divisions when you need it. You can relate well to a variety of individuals and have a reputation as a collaborative team player.
The position offers an annual base salary of $65,000 to $85,000 depending on experience. NCRP also offers an exceptionally generous benefits package.
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume.The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified. Expected start date of March/April 2023
NCRP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ-identified candidates to apply. NCRP will provide, excepting any undue hardship, reasonable accommodation, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.