The Information Technology Application Support Specialist is under the direction of the IT Director or IT Implementation Lead. The Information Technology Application Support Specialist position is identified as “employee class” and may be part-time or full-time status.
The IT Application Support Specialist is primarily responsible for 1st and 2nd level direct end-user support for applications and processes. This includes off-the-shelf standardized software systems and other business applications. This support is provided predominantly remotely but in person support may be requested, depending upon the support location. This position also provides administrative and organizational services supporting the operations of the Application Support Team. The ideal candidate will not only have end-user support experience, but also consistently operate in a detail-oriented manner and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level end-user support in troubleshooting software problems for Electronic Health Records and other software applications, including various software utilities/custom systems
- Triage incoming support issues to identify the proper escalation path
- Identify, research, and resolve application and process problems
- Determine underlying trends in reported issues
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support in a timely manner
- Document, tracks, and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution
- Track and complete recurring tasks for the facility
- Ship/receive orders and technology items for the national team
- Manage software policy governance items per company policy
- 2-year Technical or Associate's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Travel is required, by both plane and car. On occasion, nights and weekends will be part of the work schedule for special projects
- Capacity and connectivity resources to work remotely
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.