CALSTART has a paid internship opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Communications & Marketing team. Under the supervision of our Digital Communications Manager, this intern will play a significant role in supporting the data management and analysis for our email marketing and social media projects.
Marketing Data Management Intern will...
- Perform data management and analysis processes to ensure that data is secure and maintained consistent with company policies and data privacy regulations
- Reviewing and interpreting data sets, tracking spreadsheets and data auditing as they pertain to our CRM, CALSTART Connect, email marketing recipient lists and social media followings
- Assists in cleaning current data sets of duplicates or unusable pieces
- Work with confidential data to provide support to our Communications & Marketing projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 29 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART’s member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Completed at least three years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor’s degree in data science, data management or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications especially in Excel
- Experience in data management and data analysis (excel)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking abilities
- Understanding of collection, analysis, and distribution of data
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Minimum commitment of 20 hrs/week
- Knowledge of email marketing, social media applications and MailChimp
- Knowledge of data privacy laws (ex: HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, etc.)
- Certification in Excel
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.