Lighthouse Labs is looking to welcome an Intermediate Project Manager to help scale our next stage of growth as we expand into new markets, increase our offerings and diversify our education programs! Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager, you will collaboratively work with the Project Management team to create project plans including the project charter, project schedule and dependencies, resource estimates, RACI chart, milestones, RAID logs, process maps and dashboards, as appropriate based on project scope. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who can manage a project from initiation to completion and ensure that each project is completed on time and on budget using project management tools and best practices across the project lifecycle (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor & Control, and Close). If this sounds like you, please apply today.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create project schedules and detailed project plans
- Track results and utilize project data to create summary reports for the Account Manager and Senior Project Manager as needed, while making future projects more productive and cost-efficient
- Assist in documenting project phases and creating reports for the Account Manager
- Work with different teams to proactively identify and manage project risks and issues as they arise
- Build strong relationships by being a team player to ensure everyone is successful in meeting their goals on a project
- Ensure various teams have the tools required to meet project milestones
What will make you stand out:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma or relevant combination of education and experience
- A PMP certification or equivalent is an asset
- 5-8+ years proven experience as a project manager or comparable role
- Must be very comfortable with the practical application of various project management frameworks and methodologies including waterfall, hybrid and agile
- Must be detail oriented - attention to detail is critical due to different aspects of the project needing to be managed and overseen simultaneously, all of which are important to its well-being and success
- You take initiative - you will be leading and managing projects and therefore, it is crucial that the project manager takes initiative to uphold their responsibilities without having to be micromanaged
- You are a good communicator - you must be an excellent facilitator across internal teams and external stakeholders, therefore superior communications skill is a must
- You are results oriented - you have the ability to lead, focus, and support others to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks on time; scheduling and budgeting is a key success factor for this role.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to motivate team members, manage deliverables, and keep projects on track
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with a number of collaboration tools such as G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar etc.) and Slack
- Experience using project management software such as Wrike, MS Project, Asana, Jira or similar project management tools is an asset
Why you’ll like the job:
- Fast-paced culture focused on continuous learning and growth
- 4 WEEKS PTO! (15 vacation days, 5 personal days)
- Unlimited sick days
- A remote working budget to get your home office up and running
- A learning fund to support professional development
- Flexible working hours
- 100% employer-paid health benefits
Lighthouse Labs was founded in 2013 with the mission to effectively and efficiently prepare the workforce with the analytical and technical skills necessary to succeed in a world of automation. With an initial focus on our open-enrolment developer bootcamp, we have grown into a leading provider of professional education services, delivering outstanding educational outcomes for our students. Our secret? Innovative curriculum, proprietary edtech, unique mentorship and career services and partnerships with government and industry leading organizations. We’re a bunch of quirky, inclusive and smart people who are changing lives by reimagining education - join us!
Lighthouse Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All positions at this time are remote, and we welcome all applicants. Talk to us to find out about our learning fund and other perks!