The Role: How you'll make an impact at Personio
All our roles are available in a hybrid or fully remote setup, inside all our 5 European countries - Germany, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, and the UK. This is part of a group of multiple Staff & Principal roles across different Product, Platform and Security areas.
At Personio, your work transforms the way millions of people experience work every day. Join our Product & Technology team that drives our customer's outcomes by designing, developing and delivering innovative and high quality products. Be empowered to take ownership of your areas and make an impact on your team, our product, and our customers.
Security is a first class priority in Personio and we are looking for a Staff Security Engineer to join our growing Security organization. Personio processes highly sensitive data for thousands of customers and so security comes first when designing and operating our platform and applications. We’re on a journey to supply Personio with best in class security programs and technologies to maintain trust with our customers.
As a Staff Security Engineer, your goal is to foster excellence and pragmatism in making security a core component of how we design and implement technologies. You will report to the Head of Security, as part of the Security Leadership Team. Our mission as a team is to unlock and enable the full potential of our growing Security org at every turn.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across product areas
- Provide technical leadership over a larger, multi-team domain in the organization, specifically around secure design and architecture, and active participation in implementation of such
- Continuously raise the bar for secure-design at Personio by role modeling and mentoring engineers across the business, interviewing and hiring new talent
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by the Security Org and kick off relevant initiatives for improvement
- Ownership and support for projects with high complexity, scope, uncertainty and duration across multiple quarters
- Reducing the security problem scope from a global challenge to localized problems that can be addressed by Tech Leads and teams in their areas of expertise
- As a technical leader, strive to support our technical brand and positively impact the larger community (by open sourcing work, blogging or speaking at conferences on behalf of Personio and beyond)
Technical leadership across the org to define not just what our security needs are today, but what we should be doing tomorrow and how to get there
HOW WE WORK
- We are a product company whose teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Domain Leaders within and outside of your product area
- Our components are built with Kotlin for the backend and React with Reactjs on the frontend. All our components are dockerized and deployed on Kubernetes on AWS
- Our development and deployment processes are fully automated
We have a “you built it, you run it” culture