Who We Are:
Dodge Construction Network leverages an unmatched offering of data, analytics, and industry-spanning relationships to generate the most powerful source of information, knowledge, insights, and connections in the commercial construction industry. The company powers four longstanding and trusted industry solutions—Dodge Data & Analytics, The Blue Book Network, Sweets, and IMS—to connect the dots across the entire commercial construction ecosystem. Together, these solutions provide clear and actionable opportunities for both small teams and enterprise firms. Purpose-built to simplify the complex, Dodge Construction Network ensures that construction professionals have the information they need to build successful businesses and thriving communities. With over a century of industry experience, Dodge Construction Network is the catalyst for modern commercial construction.
To learn more, visit: construction.com
About the Role:
Dodge Construction Network (DCN) is looking for a Technical Lead to be part of the team. You will be responsible for designing and developing a high-performance application. You will be working with a team of developers to create best practices and deliver software at pace. You will engage in technical discussions with the broader engineering team and day-to-day guidance for an offshore team in India.
As the Technical Lead on the team, you will define, design and implement key initiatives in building the new Search features that, build a robust, scalable model development, validation and implementation. To be successful, you'll be partnering with product, user experience, data platform and other engineering teams to identify, define and build elegant solutions. You'll have the opportunity to unlock the power of data through search, enabling customers to answer critical questions and uncover valuable insights that will drive their success.
What you’ll do:
- To support the rollout of our product search, discovery and recommendations engine, you will be tasked with building multiple integrations with different databases and services. You build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic.
- Work on greenfield projects such as a new pipeline for ingesting clickstream data to better understand our users.
- Create the High-level Design documents and lead the team in producing Detailed Design documents.
- Work as part of our software engineering team to improve the search experience using large data sets.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Work in boosting answer quality by meeting the challenges such as lexical gap, semantic text understanding, and data sparsity.
- Craft new ranking features and optimizing existing ones to enhance relevance metrics.
- Develop an algorithm framework to support diversified ranking features.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Proven skills as a technical expert and team leader in an IT development environment.
- Mentor and coach development teams; providing expert advice and acting as a “go-to” expert/guru for the development team. These developers are located in India and North America.
- Being able to organize and participate in code reviews for developers, recommend design improvements and establish guidelines to a high level of standard.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of proven experience in web application development (.NET Core preferred).
- Expert in Cloud Technology with the preferred platform of AWS.
- 5+ years experience in search technologies (Elasticsearch / SOLR).
- Proficiency in building high availability, a distributed application using Microservices.
- Proficiency in Statistics, Big Data, SQL, Website Analytics, ElasticSearch, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: Search Engine, Recommender System, Distributed System, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning.
- Work with a variety of web APIs and developed search services using at least one modern language such as .NET Core/C# or Java, and high-level scripting languages like Python or Perl.
- Proficiency in architecting data structures in Lucene for big data searching. Ability to search large datasets quickly to return data.
- Good experience in query languages and writing complex queries with joins that deals with a large amount of data.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Interest in Search, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing.
- Experience in Search, A/B experimentation, Distributed Computing, Data Analysis, Information Retrieval.
- Experience presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Hands-on experience in software deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of technologies Angular + Redux is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with Software Development teams and Product Management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
We are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
See more jobs at Dodge Data & Analytics
Apply for this job