At Jimdo, our mission is to unleash the power of micro businesses to thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us— to reach more customers who need our help and engage the Global Jimdo community. With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we focus on our own growth and performance, aspiring to be the multi-market leader in our sector. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for micro business owners. If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to micro businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As part of the Executive team, the CMO has the responsibility to drive all aspects of the brand and digital marketing strategy that penetrates & engages both DACH and global mass market audiences. Enabling Jimdo to significantly increase volumes, take market share and become the global #1 operator in the micro business segment. This covers brand and creative strategy, ATL advertising and media, partnerships and customer experience; as well as developing and orchestrating market leading digital acquisition, engagement and retention strategies for Jimdo globally. In this role, you will drive digital performance by building a team of channel specialists including but not limited to; Partnerships, SEO, PPC, Social, Programmatic, Media Buying and CRM. You will be accountable for marketing strategy as well as execution, through a blend of martech, in house teams and agency resource – to your own design and specification. Your mission is to transform Jimdo marketing into a potent, insight led, automated, global marketing machine
Brand & Content Marketing
• Lead the development and implementation of winning brand strategies and partnerships for Jimdo, ensuring they live through all customer touchpoints.
• Support the Product team in the development of compelling propositions and product features that are in line with the brand strategies and that help us stay ahead of the competition.
• Design, plan and create industry leading content, that is unique, locally relevant and delivers on both the brand as well as the commercial strategy.
• Work with the Exec team to define appropriate paid media budgets, ensuring spend is aligned to strategic and commercial goals.
• Manage the marketing budget, increasing transparency of planning and spend; and delivery of ROI to agreed budgeted targets, guaranteeing the spend is optimised across markets and channels.
• Run regular and frequent testing programmers on all performance marketing activities to improve optimization and ROI by channel. Ensure data and insight sit at the heart of all marketing decision making (e.g. Marketing Analytics, Data Science, and BI & Analytics teams).
• Develop strong relationships with key creative and media partners (e.g. Google), to ensure leading edge acquisition techniques are deployed.
Customer & Retention Marketing
• Develop and manage data driven marketing integration tools across CRM and site content management to increase customer value, retention and spend.
• Design, deliver and optimize an automated customer lifecycle management engine, that learns and adapts to the latest trends and behaviors and delivers
growth in customer KPIs.
• Provide daily and weekly segmented marketing analysis on the effectiveness of retention marketing activity.
• Focus on the customer: understand audiences and their behaviours along with a working knowledge of the customer journey and how performance marketing fits in at each stage. A deep understanding of attribution and data-driven creative messaging.
Campaign & Marketing Planning
• Plan the marketing calendar and lead the development of all key marketing campaigns across all products and markets, throughout the year
• Own and optimize the planning, briefing and execution process, across all teams (Commercial, Creative, Brand, Product, Performance and Retention) aiming to maximize cut through of our campaigns and full utilization of all our assets.
• Develop and implement the marketing decision-making systems / tools /processes for industry leading insight capability for marketing and product
decisions (daily, weekly and monthly).
• Manage the customer experience program, including conversion and site optimization insight, driven by google analytics and other tools, to ensure the
customer experience team are developing clear product development requirements supported by data that will deliver ROI.
• Work closely with the Trading / BI & Analytics team to provide high quality reporting with insight and commentary to the Executive team.
• Strengthen our strategic planning, by creating clarity and rigor on customer, market and competitors’ insights.
• Collaborate with central teams and help drive company-wide initiatives, including participation in workstreams, best practice, innovation, talent development and knowledge sharing.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the Executive team. Evangelise digital and brand marketing and data driven decision making, providing insight and context. Use
your expertise to build the knowledge and capability of fellow marketers.
• Lead, structure and develop a team providing development, coaching, goal setting and performance management. Ensure the team is motivated, productive and fully compliant with all regulations and legislation.
• Support the further development of our culture of change, innovation and exploration.
• A number of years' experience successfully leading marketing teams and managing extensive budgets, within the DACH region.
• Rich expertise in all aspects of brand marketing, coupled with a proven record of delivering exceptional customer & revenue growth through digital acquisition and CRM.
• Strong commercial acumen paired with entrepreneurial spirit and customer centric mentality.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and representational). Always visible for their team and board, as well as an influential and inspiring figure.
• Understanding effective change management. Ability to prioritize and adapt in an agile environment.
• Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making and to driveimpactful change and innovation.
• Proven experience building positive working relationships and collaborating
successfully in cross-functional teams.
• Creative, bold and daring, but at the same time highly data-driven and analytical. Experience in a highly commercial environment is key, with a strong
understanding of growth KPIs.
• A clear leader, able to manage, mentor and grow a team of marketing professionals across multiple disciplines, cultures and locations.
• Comfortable with both high-level, strategic thinking, and hands-on implementation, with close attention to detail.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
See more jobs at Jimdo