QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals seeking to further their academic progress and career development.
Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions. We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people. QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
QS has over 600 employees based globally across centralised Functions and five Business Units. Headquartered in London, QS also has offices in Australia, Malaysia, India, Romania, Singapore, France, Germany and the USA.
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to provide data privacy related advice and to check and report on data protection compliance of across QS.
The DPO will report to our CFO with a dotted line to our CTO.
- Advise on our compliance with GDPR, investigating other international data protection laws where relevant due to our customers locations
- Act as point of contact for data protection with internal teams, clients, and supervisory authorities
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Establish and maintain QS Data Privacy policies and standards, and document for QS portfolio of websites.
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company and advise remedies where non-compliance is found
- Advise on establishing and maintaining data retention periods for personal data held in different global locations and local laws
- Provide guidance to teams when considering new or different handling of personal data.
- Work with the business to ensure records of processing operations are maintained
- Monitor the business compliance with rights requests and assist in responding where needed
- Liaise with suppliers that process data on our behalf and create/review DPAs to ensure they are sufficient to protect QS and QS customer personal data.
- Review Data Processing clauses in QS and customer contracts and DPA’s and liaise with Legal Counsel where amendments are required. Liaise with technical teams where terms require additional security controls.
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Advise on the DP aspects of any breach and lead on any reporting needed.
- Source and/or develop training on data protection compliance for employees
- Provide ongoing education for employees to enhance and reinforce training
- Keep up to date with changes in regulations and issue recommendations to enable compliance
- Provide a monthly report to QS Management with relevant Data Protection metrics.
Key skills and experiences
- At least five years experience with data protection laws and compliance
- Solid knowledge of GDPR
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliance
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead, advise and support in data protection matters
A few things that make QS a great place to work include:
- Competitive package.
- Flexible working.
- Vibrant social environment and multicultural, multinational culture, strong team spirit.
- Focus on welfare – ride to work scheme, global wellness team, Calm app, EAP and health plan, mental health first aiders, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strong recognition and reward programs – peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual awards, annual bonus scheme.
- Support for volunteering and study leave.
QS Quacquarelli Symonds is proud to be a fair and equal organization where everyone has the same opportunity to achieve their full potential, irrespective of their background or personal attributes. We celebrate our diversity and believe through sharing our experiences we can learn from one another, be stronger together, and enable our business to thrive.
See more jobs at QS
Apply for this job