Egnyte is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer for the Hybrid-Cloud Software Engineering team. This team builds software that enables enterprise customers’ journey to the cloud, initiates the lifecycle of their data in the cloud and keeps on-premise data in sync with the cloud. The ideal candidate has a shared passion for building automation frameworks large-scale distributed systems and a keen interest in tackling complexities of integrating diverse subsystems, while collaborating in a global team environment.
What You’ll Do (but is not limited to):
- Create automated processes to build Egnyte software packages which will be deployed in production environments
- Develop automatic tools to provision build/test environments on cloud infrastructure for hosting internal development and QA activities
- Prepare deployment solutions for QA, staging and production environments
- Create and maintain tools responsible for delivering on-premise services to customer (for example, on-premise server restart and software update)
- Contribute to the development processes, including enhancements to build procedures, test frameworks, verification tools and packaging
- Provide tools and automation workflows to increase software developer productivity
- Assist in defining the process models and tool sets to enable adoption of DevOps methodologies.
Education and experience:
- Experience with the Linux operating system, including configuration of subsystems such as storage, networking and file systems
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools such Jenkins, git, puppet, ansible, terraform and hands-on experience in implementing automated branching, build, test-automation and deployment pipelines
- Demonstrated abilities of writing and troubleshooting system level scripts in python and bash
- Familiarity with Linux packaging tools such as apt and automated package update mechanisms
- Ability to work with multi-cultural, globally distributed teams to a common unifying product vision and closely coordinate with cross-functional teams in different time-zones.
- Passion to deliver enterprise-grade products to customers and to continuously work with engineering team to refine the product in the field.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-7 years industry experience in software maintenance or Devops roles
In a content critical age, Egnyte fuels business growth by enabling content-rich business processes, while also providing organizations with visibility and control over their content assets. Egnyte’s cloud-native content services platform leverages the industry’s leading content intelligence engine to deliver a simple, secure, and vendor-neutral foundation for managing enterprise content across business applications and storage repositories. More than 16,000 customers trust Egnyte to enhance employee productivity, automate data management, and reduce file-sharing cost and complexity. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers, and Goldman Sachs. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com
See more jobs at Egnyte
Apply for this job