ETL Engineer - Migrations & Onboarding (Remote)
Engineering at Prompt
Prompt continues to disrupt the healthcare and medical billing industry by delivering innovative, technology-driven solutions. Our talented engineering team is dogma free and result driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further, faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As an ETL Engineer you will be responsible for consuming, sanitizing, and importing data from new customers into Prompt. This will include documenting migrations, building flexible scripts to deal with variable input data, validating successful imports, and debugging issues with our migration process. You will be pairing and mentoring other software engineers from all levels about the process of data migrations.
At Prompt, ETL Engineers are responsible for one of the first experiences our customers have with our technology team and are extremely influential in the success of our customer onboarding process.
What you’ll be doing.
- Writing automated migration scripts
- Creating Infrastructure
- Defining Process
- Documenting Standards
What this role requires.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an ETL Engineer, writing automated tests and promoting test driven development to the engineering team.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions.
- You have a proven track record of mentorship.
- You have a desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment.
- You have a working knowledge of the technology section below.
The ecosystem you will be working in.
- Please have a working knowledge of PHP, Laravel, Vue.JS, and MySQL or any equivalent (Ruby, Node.JS, React, Angular, Ember, Postgres, MSSQL, etc.)
- Please only apply if you are interested in a heavy code contribution role as we are not looking for engineering managers
What you can expect.
- Competitive salaries
- Equity compensation in the form of stock options.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Bi-Weekly company wide sponsored lunches
Why work for Prompt?
- BIG Challenges:
Here at Prompt, we are solving complex and unique problems that have plagued the healthcare industry since the dawn of time.
- Talented People:
Prompt didn't happen by chance, it's a team of incredibly talented and proven individuals who all made their mark before joining forces to build the greatest software on the planet for physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Healthy Approach:
This isn't an investment bank, we work long hours when it's needed, but at Prompt you own your workload and the entire organization takes a liking to smart work (over hard work).
- Environmentally Friendly:
We are converting medical practices around the country into paperless operations. We aren't enthralled with patting ourselves on the back everyday, but it does feel good :)
You might want to know…
- Do I have to come to an office to do a job that is accomplished on a computer?
No. This is a 100% remote position. Wear sweatpants, put your feet up, listen to Kanye, whatever you fancy is what you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. If we have an office close by, we do love to get the team together when it makes sense.
- Will I be working under a non-technical, slightly irritating "product manager"?
No. Prompt has a flat management style and the only people you are working with are highly skilled and proven engineers.
- Do I have to install a time tracker on my computer because you do not trust my work ethic?
No. Prompt employees work around U.S. business hours in order to promote clear communication. You’d be expected to do the same within reason (and without time trackers). We are flexible and prioritize actual output over how long something took.
- Will I be working on tedious projects that never make it to production?
No. We don't have time to waste, your work in the first month here will be in the product, we 100% guarantee it.
- Will the hiring process be dragged out?
No. You will hear back quickly and we have a two day interviewing process, with both days being within a week of each other (or at your convenience). We know you are busy.
- Is Prompt growing quickly?
YES! Prompt grew 1600% in 2020 and we are on track to grow exponentially again this year.
See more jobs at Prompt Therapy Solutions
Apply for this job