We’re disrupting a $17B private bus industry (in North America alone) that is where the taxi industry was before ride-share. We are doing this by shifting business online and allowing event organizers to move large groups to their destinations with ease. We are the reference in people transportation, including professional sports teams, major tech companies, international music festivals, and everyone in between. In the last 2 years, we have successfully expanded our offering to offer our virtual fleet of vehicles, technology and marketing know-how to governmental entities (transit authorities, airports, etc.).
Reporting to the Head of Finance, we are looking for an experienced lawyer who has a proven track record of being a trusted advisor for Bus.com’s rapidly growing business.
You will perform a variety of complex and specialized legal activities to protect Bus.com’s interests, ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and provide sound legal advice to the company.
- Draft, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements for Bus.com
- Advise the management team and employees on various privacy, data protection and compliance issues related to multiple jurisdictions and implementing privacy, data protection and compliance programs and best practices
- Conduct complex negotiations with respect to commercial or litigation matters
- Act as the main point of contact to all external legal counsel
- Participate in board meetings, take minutes and be a trusted partner to all stakeholders
- Support the Head of Finance in legal work required in fundraising and corporate development related initiatives
- Review the corporate records and ensure it remains up to date
- Develop and deliver training sessions on various legal topics
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to high ethical standards
Qualifications and about you
- Minimum of 8 years of commercial law experience gained in a top rated law firm or as in-house counsel
- Licensed to practice law in Canada and a lawyer in good standing with a provincial law society (Ontario or Quebec bar membership preferred), or Member of the Chambre des Notaires du Québec.
- Marketplace/transportation experience an asset
- Solid business judgment and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated skills in drafting a variety of legal documents
- Comfortable with a dynamic working environment, and with reacting quickly to changing business priorities
- Bilingual (French and English) and capable of drafting, negotiating and practicing in both languages
- We act like owners, the puck stops with us, we make sh*t happen, we play to win
- We have a growth mindset, we are always listening to our clients and partner, experimenting & learning, we grow together
- We lead with transparency, if in doubt we over communicate, we are not afraid to be vulnerable
- We’re in this together, we succeed as a team, we all have unique superpowers and we help each other shine.
See more jobs at Bus.com
Apply for this job