- Physician, Pain Medicine
- California Medical License Required
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- No Nights or Weekends
- Some Flexibility Offered
- $200,000 to $260,000 Starting Base Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Student Loan Forgiveness Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 403b w/ 6% Employer Match
- Package Negotiable
- practice located in Lancaster, California
- physician may work on-site, remotely (telemedicine from home), or a hybrid model
This thriving community health center opened in 2011 and currently employs approximately 20 physicians across a variety of specialties - pediatrics, ob/gyn, infectious disease, orthopedics, behavioral health, podiatry, and pain management, as well as full-scope primary care. They operate 4 clinic locations in the greater area, with a robust support staff of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other clinical and administrative team members.
This position plays a vital role in the clinic’s pain management program, being concerned with patients’ ability to function and overall quality of life. The physician will examine patients and determine their cause and level of pain, also performing testing to aid in diagnosing patient conditions and develop a plan to manage pain. The physician will provide acute and/or chronic pain relief to patients through the use of, but not limited to, medications, nerve blocks, electric stimulation, and other therapies.
The physician will practice both interventional and non-interventional pain management and have exceptional skills with behavioral, occupational, and physical aspects of pain management.
This position can be performed on-site in the Lancaster clinic, remotely via telemedicine visits from home, or a hybrid of the two.
Physicians see 16 to 24 patients per day, with the support of a dedicated clinical assistant and other administrative team members.
Specific duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- perform evaluation and treatment of patients in an outpatient setting and/or via telemedicine
- assess acute and chronic pain concerns and develop care plans to address them
- perform basic musculoskeletal assessments
- provide recommendations for opioid and non-opioid pharmacologic therapy
- use evidence-based strategies to help manage and/or taper patients on opiate therapy
- order appropriate diagnostic tests
- prescribe and order medication
- keep accurate, concise, and thorough documentation
- close all notes in the EHR in a timely manner
- review and sign off on all laboratory and radiology results
- ensure there is patient follow-up when necessary
- initiate and follow through on specialist referrals
- communicate with specialty providers when necessary
- serve as clinic supervisor for mid-level providers
- participate in professional education programs
- participate in care team meetings, provider meetings, and all-staff meetings
The practice uses the Epic EHR.
On-call duties are minimal / infrequent and consist of phone triage only.
- California medical license
- Board Certified, PM&R or Neurology
- no experience required; recent graduates are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at email@example.com or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full listing of available positions at CHS Recruiting.
See more jobs at CHS Recruiting