It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
This position supports the central operations of the Department of Medicine and Research Administration. The Research Project Coordinator provides a wide range of project management and administrative assistance to the Executive Director that are essential to the effective conduct of business, including reporting, compliance, and communications across the research community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles, curates content, and sends the monthly research newsletter to the research community, keeping the institution informed on new grant awards, policies, and ongoing research projects of interest.
- Organizes, maintains, and distributes the weekly data on compliance towards institutional requirements for the completion of performance appraisal, mandatory education modules, and flu shot compliance, across research.
- Processes monthly billing for CORI payments relative to Special & Scientific Staff reappointments for the Medical Staffing Office.
- Oversees the institutional SAS license, ensuring requests are completed by IT and billing the end user(s).
- Compiles/prepares/processes employee and faculty expense reimbursements.
- Maintains master email distribution list for all research faculty and staff, adding and removing individuals as necessary from the corresponding email lists.
- Serves as the holder of the Departmental P-card, responsible for allocating transactions to make sure that every purchase is charged to the correct account and that receipts related to each purchase is collected and stored.
- Assists Exec Director with monthly financial account reconciliation.
- Ensures monthly effort reports and distributed, completed, certified, and submitted across the Departments of Medicine.
- Ensures monthly postdoc calendars documenting time off are distributed across research, and maintains the documentation centrally for Departments of Medicine & Ophthalmology.
- Manage and ensure that individual’s time is correct and entered into Kronos for payroll across the Departments of Medicine and Research Administration.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, Research Administration.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in project management
- Ability to successfully plan and organize an event
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with researchers, staff, administrators and customers. Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage work flow independently. Ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately.
- Must be able to multitask, working on multiple studies and protocols.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail with excellent data management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required.
- Two or more years experience in an academic or medical research setting highly desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Consistent with a normal office work environment. Work requires frequent continuous typing/computer keying, telephone use and sitting for extended periods.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.
See more jobs at Tufts Medical Center
Apply for this job