As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Risk M&A and Integration Teamprovides wing to wing oversight of Visa’s M&A activities. It helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks stemming from Visa’s M&A activities that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations, and supports mitigation through leading Global Risk’s acquired entity integration efforts. The Senior Manager, Global Risk M&A and Integration Partner will partner closely with Visa Global Risk teams, Visa business functions and Acquired Entities, to support Global Risk due diligence responsibilities and lead Global Risk integration efforts ensuring entities execute on risk management related activities consistent with Visa’s Risk Frameworks and Appetite. The role will be the single point of contact between several entities and the Global Risk organization, responsible for coordinating and leading Global Risk program roll out requirements, risk governance and relevant US regulatory interactions. This role requires practical & strategic understanding of the payments industry, business environment & demonstrated experience assessing risks associated with business imperative/strategies. Must work collaboratively with cross functional & geographically diverse teams to execute against a common goal of protecting the Enterprise.
Candidate will be responsible for:
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 8+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Finance or Business.
• A clear understanding of the Three Lines of Defense model and its application across financial and technology firms, and knowledge of Second Line of Defense risk programs, with the ability to effectively prioritize activities, train others, and effectively challenge functions as needed (Finance, HR, Technology etc.) to ensure effective risk management
• Understanding of the payments industry, including the regulatory environment (e.g. FBA supervision, PSD2), associated products/services, underlying technology and the broader competitive landscape.
• Demonstrated analytical, process and problem-solving skills, with ability to be both strategic and tactical
• Ability to learn quickly, work independently and autonomously and operate within an ambiguous and fast paced environment.
• Collaborative personality with excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, and proven ability to develop strong relationships and work with all organizational levels across multiple teams and locations to accomplish results and exercise influence in a large, global, matrix organization
• Demonstrable risk management experience (credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk etc) within the financial services industry, with advanced knowledge, skill and understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates to ERM (assessment, scoring, tolerance, mitigation/management) and/or proven risk assessment experience of strategic initiatives and transformational projects
• Knowledge of Visa’s Global Risk programs and/or understanding and application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and IBM OpenPages
• Understanding of deal/ transaction (M&A, JV’s, Equity tags) and integration/ business transformation risk, with deep business acumen
• Experience in regulated environments, including direct engagement with supervisors
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours:Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements:This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
See more jobs at Visa