We are a technology platform that connects healthcare professionals with flexible job opportunities. Our mission to help people everywhere get care. Founded in 2017, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the history of the healthcare staffing industry, and were recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.”
Our platform is an end-to-end community and employment system allowing the company to serve as the employer-of-record for the healthcare professionals that they work with. Hundreds of thousands of clinicians have already signed up for it, in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Interesting and meaningful work and professional growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and equity
Your mission is to lead, scale and professionally develop our SRE / DevOps team. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment to help continuously improve the engineering department’s effectiveness and ensure our production systems are resilient and scalable.
We use both AWS and Heroku for our infrastructure, CircleCI for our CI/CD pipeline, Terraform for our IaC and Github for our code versioning.
Who you are
- Leadership. You’re a strong people leader that will cultivate a clear vision & priorities for your team.
- People management. You have experience managing a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development. You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- Teamwork. You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- Communication & collaboration. You’re able to work with and convey complicated engineering concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Systems thinking. You can grasp the interconnected parts that make up the whole of our products and related business and engineering processes, and build up on them cohesively.
- Effectively lead, mentor, and guide the professional and technical development of a small, fast-moving SRE / DevOps team (2 to 3 direct reports) with the potential for continued team growth
- Define and execute on infrastructure, tooling and CI/CD quarterly & annual deliverables to ensure that we continue to deliver scalable products and services that have a directly positive impact on our business’s goals and objectives
- Hands-on, willing to directly contribute to task / project completion (25 – 50% of role capacity)
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours production infrastructure incidents
- Support Security and Compliance governance in production environments
- At least 5 years of experience in the fields of SRE, DevOps or production or cloud engineering
- At least 5 years of experience working with modern cloud architecture and platforms (virtualization, networking, database, message queueing, etc)
- At least 2 years of experience leading a DevOps and/or Infrastructure team (either as a manager or tech lead)
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and deployment automation with tools such as Terraform, CircleCI, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages like Ruby, Python, Go, etc
- Understanding of security and data integrity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; desire to work in a remote-first, distributed team
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc)
- Experience with Ruby
- Location: Anywhere in the USA. This is a remote position.
See more jobs at Brain Gain Recruiting
Apply for this job