Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of five global, renowned lifestyle brands: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. We reach customers across 120+ countries and strive to create inclusive, welcoming, omni-channel experiences for our global customers.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
The Sr. Web Front End Engineer will be responsible for providing technical direction, team alignment and development, operations and support of our Abercrombie and Hollister global ecommerce websites, along with our brands abercrombie kids, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. In this role, you will work closely with business and technology stakeholders, internal technology teams and external technology partners that support the ecommerce platform, its development and operations. Additional responsibilities include technical leadership, mentoring other team members, and leading projects.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain the UI tier making use of industry best practices
- Implement rapid updates to fulfill changing business and marketing requirements
- Develop functional and technical documentation and designs for assigned projects
- Work within a team environment, driving the team goals, and improving web development engineering practices
- Analyze and optimize front end architecture and maximize page performance
- Utilize SASS to create responsive page layouts and styles
- Act as mentor to peers
- Develop code consistent with A&F standard coding practices
What will you need to bring?
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, unit test, system test, deployment and production support.
- Understanding of the concept of progressive enhancement
- In-depth knowledge of mobile first responsive design
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- A firm grasp of SEO / SEM best practices
- Experience developing code compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG)
- Experience with CI/CD theory and automated testing workflows
- Experience with the following languages, technologies, or methodologies:
- HTML5, SASS/CSS3
- CSS frameworks (ex. SASS, LESS)
- React, ES6, and legacy jQuery stacks
- Workflow automation using Grunt/Gulp
- JSP/JSTL or equivalent server-side templating language (PHP, ASP)
- Unit testing and test-driven development (Jasmine, Karma, or similar)
- Performance optimization (YSlow, Pagespeed)
- Expertise writing semantic, modular front-end code using HTML5, SASS/CSS3, and W3C coding practices
- Experience writing rudimentary SQL statements (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE)
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado.
See more jobs at Abercrombie and Fitch Co.
Apply for this job