O'Reilly Media is looking for a video editing professional to edit customer-facing videos that cover a diverse range of technical topics. Working with industry-leading presenters, you will help to produce videos that are instructional to our customers, as well as look and sound uniform across our learning platform.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100, 000
About the Team
The Video Producer is a member of O’Reilly’s Multimedia Department, which in turn is part of the Content Services division. The primary focus of Content Services is the production, distribution, and maintenance of a wide array of learning products, which includes interactive formats (scenarios, challenges, quizzes, live training, courses) as well as books, videos, and live training. The Multimedia department collaborates directly with O’Reilly talent, editors, and production teams, helping them create and upload training and instructional videos to the O’Reilly Learning Platform.
Every member of the Content Services division is expected to remove obstacles and overcome pain points so talent can focus on creating successful learning outcomes, and to adhere to the tenet of O’Reilly Media which is to “help spread the knowledge of innovators.”
Our team is fully remote, we are a highly collaborative, tech-savvy group that helps each other deliver work that instills pride and helps people learn.
About the Job
In this role, your focus will be editing pre-recorded videos for customers, spanning a wide range of technical topics.
- Video editing with attention to quality production value
- Meeting deadlines as set by the Manager of Multimedia
- Adhering to O’Reilly’s brand guidelines
- Assisting in on-boarding new talent to prepare for remote video recording
- Working across departments to ensure the prompt creation of video assets and metadata
We’re looking for someone who can edit video, quickly and professionally, and can scale their performance as O’Reilly expands its video product portfolio. You need to be highly skilled with Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as other Adobe Creative Cloud production applications, such as Media Encoder, Photoshop, and Audition.
While O’Reilly values creativity, the main focus of this position is video production with a consistent look and feel. You will receive video files from numerous sources, in different formats and file types, to be edited into O’Reilly-branded content.
You’ll represent O’Reilly and our values to talent, customers, and internal teams, and working collaboratively and respectfully is a must. Success will require you to be highly organized and responsive to company goals, which can shift quickly to take advantage of new opportunities.
- 1-3 years of professional experience with Adobe Premiere Pro & other Adobe Creative Cloud applications (such as Media Encoder, Photoshop, and Audition)
- Demonstrated knowledge of video production in a remote environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience with digital audio correction
- Experience encoding and exporting video files for use online
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with global talent from outside the company
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grasp workflows quickly
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate and collaborate within the company
- Basic Photoshop skills creating still graphics for use in videos
- A good understanding of typography
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects
- Live video production, camera operation, lighting, sound capture
- Web streaming of live and/or recorded content
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity