About the Job
The Data Analyst is a full-time, remote, exempt position that will work out of the Office of Digital Strategy and Analytics, and will report to the Data & Analytics Manager. The Data Analyst will gain an understanding of the needs of departments throughout the university and assist with the design, development, and deployment of data-driven solutions to support those needs. This will include the creation of new reports, analysis of data to answer business questions, and maintenance of existing reporting systems. This position is expected to act as a partner to business users, working closely with them to understand their processes and developing appropriate solutions.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914 on two principles — grace and truth. CCU’s scriptural foundation comes from John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
A leader in higher education, the University has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had nine consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities byThe Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 200 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 8,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
Scripture states all Christians are called to serve Christ and to minister to others. Because Christians are individuals with different gifts and callings, we serve Christ in a variety of ministry vocations. CCU invites you to explore how you may use your calling and gifts at the University.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Faith-friendly: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you pursue academic excellence yet read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and work to impact our culture in support of Christian values?
- Convictionally Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings and preparing them for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University's Strategic Priorities.
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, Business Analysis preferred, or 3-5 years of equivalent employment experience. Higher Education experience is preferred. Experience with data analytics and/or data science techniques is a must.
- Experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, or a similar enterprise reporting tool. Knowledge of star-schema data modeling a plus.
- Ability to decipher and write complex queries and stored procedures in MS SQL Server.
- Ability to work as a team player and provide value-added critical-thinking using independent judgment, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Ability to develop and maintain a strong rapport and credibility with the user community.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Desire to work independently and productively with a positive outlook in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
Key Job Duties
CCU’s mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. In this role, the Data Analyst contributes to the mission by leveraging data to help the University be more efficient and effective.
- Use data to support departments throughout the institution by creating and maintaining reports, analyzing data, and summarizing results.
- Partner with departments to find data-driven solutions to optimize their processes and fulfill the mission of the University.
- Identify the appropriate data to solve problems or make decisions.
- Explore and analyze data to find trends and correlations to enable data-influenced decision making.
- Use modern data visualization practices to clearly communicate information.
- Develop recurring and ad-hoc reports based upon executive or departmental requests using supplied reporting tools (SSRS and Tableau).
- Design new reports and reporting solutions from requirements and from an understanding of organizational business needs.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and assist with data integrity issues between the various integrated systems and the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP.) Including, but not limited to, duplicate detection and data enforced business process rules.
- Empower business users to better understand their data by building and supporting self-service reporting solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory data reports such as Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Higher Learning Commission (HLC), and others.
- Assist with data preparation for external ranking surveys such as US News & World Report, Petersons, and others.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
What we offer our employees:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package includes: a tuition waiver program, excellent healthcare, generous paid time off, matching 403(b) retirement plan, and additional organizational paid benefits and voluntary benefit offerings. Pay and benefits will be discussed in more detail as candidates progress through the interview process. The pay range for this job is $50,000-55,000 annually. Pay is assigned by reviewing a combination of job-related factors that may include: internal/external pay equity, the salary structure/pay grade, or a candidate’s qualifications/experience for the job. A wage range posted is not a guarantee of a specific wage and CCU reserves the right to make pay decisions based on economic and equity considerations. CCU does not determine pay based on sex or any other protected status.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming "born again" thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Priorities promulgated by the University.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU is committed to an environment free from discrimination and harassment and calls on every member of the university community to be vigilant in deterring and reporting all violations. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.