Use your technology skills to make a difference!
Come join AlphaSys where you can work with great people and amazing clients, all while driving positive and sustainable change for social good. Our head office is in Sydney where the team is encouraged to work at least one day a week in our co-working spaces (Neutral Bay or North Strathfield). However we'd gladly accept applicants located outside of Sydney who are happy to be fully remote.
Note: This role is only available to Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Who is AlphaSys?
We are a technology solutions provider who takes pride in good quality architecture and business alignment. We only partner with organisations who are making a positive social impact on the world - as such we invest in understanding our clients' purpose, strategy, operating model and culture to design/deliver technology solutions that enable social good outcomes.
We live and breathe our five core values
- People Centric - solutions for real people, we show empathy.
- Future Focused - sustainable solutions that last, can be adopted, and ensure stability over time.
- Common Good - we only work with organisations we believe is making world a better place.
- Integrity - honest and transparent, we are willing to have hard conversations courageously and with humility.
- Gritty Determination - whatever it takes to succeed, we see our client’s success as our own, working hard and smart on the right things.
We are an award winning Salesforce partner, with a small digital agency and a growing ERP practice. Our client list is a who’s who of the Australian For Purpose sector across the sub verticals of non profits, associations, training organisations, colleges and schools.
Whilst we do many of the things you would expect from a technology company, we offer our team a unique opportunity to do good work for those that do good. We focus on understanding our clients and the vision they have for their organisation and the impact they can have on the world.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team comprises industry experts, project managers, consultants, business analysts and technology people, all committed to helping organisations to help others.
About the Role
As a Functional Consultant, you will predominantly take ownership of delivering solutions end to end (planning, design, delivery, training, handover). You will be supported by a team of architects, consultants, designers and developers to assist in business analysis, technical design, solution development, testing and documentation. In your role you'll also work closely with the Project Manager on client communication, collaboration and risk management while delivering the solution within agreed budgets and timeframes.
This will be a client facing role where you will manage a solution team to deliver outcomes - therefore being a strong leader, client centric, a clear communicator and team player is a must.
Our ideal Functional Consultant will have strong expertise in Salesforce, the for purpose sector and consulting. We are open to hiring you if you are a consultant within the for purpose sector where we grow your Salesforce knowledge, or a Salesforce consultant where we grow your industry knowledge.
Applicants will have:
- 3+ years experience in delivering either Salesforce based solutions, or leading competitor solutions in the sectors we work with. Examples include Association Management Software (ie iMIS, Microsoft Dynamics), Fundraising Software (ie Raisers Edge, Blackbaud CRM, Microsoft Dynamics) or K-12 Student Information Systems.
- Proven experience in estimating, planning, designing and delivering end to end solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to consult and advise clients.
- At least 2 full life-cycle implementations as the solution lead.
- Skills in business requirements gathering with documentation of process maps, architecture diagrams and user stories.
- A consultative approach to projects where clients see them as a trusted advisor, while the expertise of the team are leveraged.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to run client workshops, showcases and training.
- An analytical mindset seeking to make processes/systems better.
- Experience working in, or a passion for, the for purpose sector.