JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
POSITION LOCATION: Remote
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/05/2022
You wake up every morning with a passion for the creative. You love working with a great team but also thrive doing independent work. You’re a self-starter, make your own schedule with ease and have the discipline needed to keep multiple projects on track at a time. You’re also customer obsessed and constantly think about how to make things simpler for real people. As Graphic Designer, you are a “keeper of the Brand”, and you know how important that is. On your watch, rogue fonts are met with lightning-like reflexes and meet a quick demise. You seek out and destroy inconsistent formatting, low quality images and unapproved use of our brand faster than Adobe renames its products. You’re like a Jedi with safer working conditions.
If this describes you, you may be an excellent fit to work with an iconic American automotive brand where your work ties to a clear and important sense of purpose. After all, cars are more than a status symbol or weekend hobby—cars keep our economy moving and keep families safe as they do the critical work in our communities. And deliver donuts.
We are a cohesive, positive team of mostly stable and relatively normal marketers who love our work. Our team supports both the AAMCO Franchise system and our Corporate owned locations. Your role will be to provide assets through our team of highly skilled marketing managers to support each of our locations plus our corporate initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment, purchasing from vendors.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
• Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
• Two to four years related experience in graphic design
• Extensive experience with Illustrator, PowerPoint, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
• Experience working with WordPress templates and Instapage
• Experience working with video & animation tools
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign
• Excellent written, oral & interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Desktop Publishing Tools.; Database Software; Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Salesforce
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
· Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
· Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
· Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude.
· Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
· Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
· Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
· Forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
· A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player and takes initiative.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.