Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage and grow their businesses. More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startup. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.
About the role
Skills: Vue.js, PHP
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring an Engineering Lead to work in tandem with the Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to shape the future of Firstbase’s products. You’ll thrive in this role if you have experience building relationships with and influencing cross-functional team members, delivering high quality projects on time, and analyzing data to produce actionable recommendations.
Top candidates for this position will have a natural desire to continuously improve the product, enormous user empathy, and can maintain a calm demeanor in high stress situations. People describe our ideal Engineering Lead as accountable, organized, and customer obsessed.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage, and grow their businesses.
More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our incorporation product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startup. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.
We are backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Firstbase is much more than just incorporation. Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups’ hardest problems, with a particular focus in:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunities to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to help more companies succeed!
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following duties
- Experience in growing and leading software engineering teams, managing developers and mentoring them
- Experience leading end to end software development, from requirements, through architecture, development, testing, delivery and all associated processes
- Experience working on complex software systems involving both Cloud/SaaS and On-Prem, in microservices architectures
- Knowledge of agile development processes and best practices, and demonstrated experience assimilating those to achieve streamlined execution
- Ability and desire to span from high-level concepts to low-level details of implementation
- Versed in a wide variety of user facing and back-end technologies and architecture
You should meet the following requirements
- At least 3 years of experience leading software development teams
- BSc in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
- Startup experience, building production systems from an early stage
- Experience working on products sold to enterprise customers
- Familiarity with concepts of IT environments and complex integrations
- Experience with PHP, Symfony, Vue and its ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with modern Frontend and Backend technologies
- Experience working on products involving machine and deep learning
- Experience dealing with time series data
- Understanding control systems
Some perks you might enjoy
Competitive salary and equity: We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
Hybrid work environment: We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
21 days of PTO + birthday off: We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
Build your ideal work setup: We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set yourself up for success here at Firstbase.
Health benefits: Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to both US and international employees.
Learning and development: We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers.
Amazing quarterly bonus: Every team at Firstbase has a bonus structure that usually accounts for 20-25% of OTE.
Our product is built using PHP, Symfony, Vue ,PostgreSQL, AWS. We also use Redis, Vue Router, Vuex, Docker Compose, Docker, GitLab CI, and Graylog, and some third-party API's like Stripe. We use Slack, Clubhouse, Notion, Whimsical, Figma, and G Suite to collaborate and build together.
Current back-end tech stack:
Docker (Compose and Swarm)
Current front-end tech stack:
Vue (and Vue-Router)
3rd party libs for GTM/Stripe/etc.Apply Now