Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of the technical side of things in a small development team, making architectural decisions and implementing code following industry best practices. Some experience with web application provisioning will be a plus, although it’s not required.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain and evolve the application that gathers and processes user data, producing documents in various formats and delivering them to 3rd party systems.
- You’ll spend your day designing and implementing new features working closely with a product manager and designers team.
- Create scalable code that’s easy to understand, test it and release it into production.
- Work in a Scrum environment, delivering increments of functionality and constantly iterating over them.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience working on web applications with PHP and at least one modern PHP Framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP, YII)
- Knowledge of MySQL, including query analysis and optimization
- Git Version Control
- Unit and integration testing experience
- Ability to design and implement a scalable web application
- Ability to work remotely and with remote team members
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- The ability to work independently but also work well within a team environment
- The Ability to travel (<10%) for team meetups, conferences, etc.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party web applications (through REST or other well-recognized standards)
- Experience using queueing systems for processing background jobs on a scale
- Experience with PHP codebase responsible for generating various document formats (PDF, Word, CSV)
- Experience in managing PHP web application provisioning in production workloads
Salary Range: $90,000-$100,000 per year
This is a remote(Work from anywhere) position.
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HEREto hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location.Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!