DTSI is seeking a Release Manager to assist with planning, execution, and evaluation of change plans to support the HRSTS Project for the US Air Force.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the review boards via meeting attendance and capturing meeting minutes including the Configuration Control Board
- Track Change Requests (CRs) and Discrepancy Reports (DRs) / Problem Reports (PRs)
- Ensures integrity of the baseline including major releases, minor releases, patches, and software maintenance
- Provides QA checks on system baselines
- Supports Licensing tasks and packaging and delivering of software to users
- Maintains the CM library and software repository
- Managing and controlling product baselines
- Recommending and documenting comprehensive configuration management plans for software, hardware, firmware, and peripherals for IT systems
- Analyzing data and preparing plans and briefings in support of software-driven systems
- Performing studies and monitoring effectiveness of configuration management plans to identify potential and existing problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Auditing and reviewing IT system configurations
- Controlling the configuration of IT systems
- Identifying configuration items in IT systems
- Assessing product configuration quality against existing policies, standards, and procedures
- Releasing approved, compliant configurations for IT systems
- Recording and accounting for the status of configuration items
- Receiving, supporting, and distributing software
- 10 years experience in Software Configuration/Release Management related role
- Experience performing HW and SW configuration audits
- Experience performing the technical administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, media labeling.
- Experience producing release notes and CM reports
- An in-depth understanding of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation
- Experience developing briefings for management
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
DoD Security Requirements
- Active NACLC/T3/ Secret Equivalent
- IAW DOD 8570 Sec+
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years relevant experience
Inclusion & Diversity
DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
DTSI has built an unwavering reputation of delivering cutting-edge IT solutions with a focus on exceeding customer expectations and a relentless drive to be the best in the industry. Our success, undoubtedly, is a direct result of our people. We are intentional in seeking individuals who are hard-working, disciplined, visionary, and approach all tasks and interactions with an attitude of excellence. If this is you, we invite you to join Team DTSI!
Proud of Our Past. Improving the Present. Focused on the Future.
See more jobs at Diversified Technical Services
Apply for this job