We're building software to help public servants in county governments save time and money by using AI to streamline processing of real estate sales. This matters because property taxes drive local government revenues and support the services that power society.
We are actively looking for a backend developer who is excited about designing and creating products and architectures that are intuitive and effective. Our mission is to bring the best technology to governments so that they can work at the speed of Silicon Valley.
This is a full-timefully-remoteopportunity to join a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. As we are building a new team that will be launching a new suite of products for our customers, we need a teammate who trusts her/his gut and can make decisions quickly, has a ton of EQ and most importantly, can contribute code from day 1. The candidate should be comfortable making thoughtful decisions about the technology stack and have the practical skills to build an extensible and scalable product in an elegant way.
Please note: This position is fully remote and requires overlap with our US Eastern team. Your work hours will overlap sometime during the hours of 8 am ET - 5 pm ET, with +/- 3 hours flexibility.
- Design, prototype, write, test, refactor, review, debug, deploy, monitor, and occasionally be frustrated by code every day
- Write code with high software quality.
- Manage time efficiently and focus on clear goals
- Respond with a pragmatic approach towards tackling unforeseen challenges
- Write technical documentation.
- Give feedback on ways to improve code.
What We Value
- 5+ years back-end development experience
- Significant experience with Java EE, AWS, Postgres
- Experience with data structures, databases, SQL
- Experience with version control tools like Git
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate new tools/libraries with ease
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders effectively
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in it
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience developing or working with geospatial analytics solutions
- Startup work experience
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.