Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Customer organization is focused on engaging and growing our customers throughout their Mailchimp journey. Our team uses a consultative approach to guide customers through their customer lifecycle, surfacing ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities in support of our customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer advocacy. We connect with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We collaborate internally with Customer Care, Product, Marketing, Sales and Research to provide a connected experience for our customers.
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success to contribute to the leadership of our Customer Success organization’s Onboarding and Implementation team. In this role you will steer the development of our Onboarding and Implementation programs, as well as grow and mentor members of the Customer Success team that work across multiple customer tiers. You will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Success professionals that drive customer adoption through effective onboarding and implementation initiatives, ultimately leading to long term retention and growth.
What you’ll do here:
- Define and optimize the onboarding journey for our customers
- Pioneer the development of onboarding programs across multiple customer tiers, both 1-to-1 and 1-to-many engagements
- Build cross-functional relationships with Mailchimp leaders to create a unified customer onboarding experience
- Ensure programming drives value for Mailchimp’s customer segments, ensuring they have the right products, services and tools to accomplish their goals
- Guide the creation of Onboarding and Implementation plays for the Customer Success team
- Work with other departments to coordinate integration efforts and ongoing delivery of our onboarding experiences
- Define metrics and KPIs that showcase onboarding and implementation success
- Implement reporting to show progress, performance and ROI of our onboarding experience at the tier, team and individual levels
- Prioritize a deep understanding of the Mailchimp brand and voice to ensure our onboarding experience is filled with special Mailchimp moments
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing and launching Onboarding and Implementation programs at scale
- You have experience in building, mentoring and inspiring an Onboarding and Implementation teams
- You are a strong collaborator, communicator and work well cross-functionally
- You are a leader in change management
- You are a strong manager with a track record of building and growing high performing teams.
- You care deeply about your team and their growth
- You have an understanding of Customer Success platforms
- You have an understanding of how to define health scoring at multiple levels
- You have excellent presentation skills, communicating clearly to all levels
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time
- You have strong organizational skills and pursue measuring the impact of you and your team’s performance
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced in working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Multilingual in one or more major European languages
- Familiar with Mailchimp and its features
- Knowledgeable of market and competitive landscape
- Knowledgeable of CRM and Customer Success platforms
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviorsare the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity:You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning:You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best:You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously:You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor:You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed:You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented:You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $143,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market andwill be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned andhighly profitable companyheadquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization.We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.