Position: Food Handler/Cook - GCW
Department: Grand Canyon West
Salary Range: H4
Supervisor: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Disclaimer: Position Description is not meant to encompass all aspects of position, other duties may be assigned.
Food Handlers/Cooks are responsible for production of food products in a safe and healthy manner, using proper food handling and sanitation procedures. May be assigned to a number of locations at Grand Canyon West.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in preparing food while observing sound health and sanitation practices.
- Ability to communicate well and interact with guests in a clear concise manner.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service by providing prompt, courteous and helpful service and information to guests.
- Ability to load and unload delivery trucks and handle inventory of items required by Food & Beverage.
- Ability to handle cash and follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment, multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to perform custodial tasks such as washing dishes, sweeping, trash collection, bus tables and mopping of floors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In the kitchen, prepares meals and food items, while observing sound health and sanitation practices such as proper hand washing, avoiding cross contamination, monitoring food temperatures and proper sanitation of utensils and cooking surfaces. Completes temperature or stock logs.
- If working on the serving line, observes stock levels of food items and notifies appropriate staff. Provides outstanding customer service to guests.
- Washes dishes, sweeps floor, bus tables, handles trash collection and mops floors as assigned throughout shift.
- May handle cash registers, following proper cash handling policies and procedures.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks and handles inventory of Food & Beverage items.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Prior cooking and serving experience working in fast food or a restaurant.
- Current Food Handlers’ card.
- Preference given to Hualapai Tribal members.
Kitchen environment with exposure to heat. Must be able to work extended periods while standing. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work varying schedules, weekends and holidays. Willingness to work in remote location.
Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check may be required. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or physical disability. However, preference may be given to persons of Indian decent in accordance with Public law 88-353, Section 703 (7-2-71) and Public Law 93-638, Section 7B
Grand Canyon Resort Corporation (GCRC) is wholly-owned by the Hualapai Tribe and is located in Peach Springs, Arizona. In 1988, the Hualapai Indian Tribe, which has occupied the land since 1883, established GCRC, welcoming millions of visitors each year to tour the area, including the nearby lodge, ranch, river rafting company and Grand Canyon West. To further increase tourism in the area, the Grand Canyon Skywalk was built in 2007. The Skywalk is a glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge that enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder.