Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
As a Web Developer on Samsara’s Growth team, you’ll work with partners across marketing and design to develop world-class web experiences. You’ll work to create new pages, develop seamless content creation tooling, and help ensure our web properties are optimized for performance, efficiency, and scalability.
Our ideal candidate has had experience creating responsive web pages from detailed file handoffs from designers (we use Figma!) and experience working on multi-language websites leveraging a headless content management platform.
Sample URLs or Github sample projects are required to be considered.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, and countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper-growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click hereto learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver and maintain responsive content and integrations across Samsara web properties
- Keep our CMS (Contentful) current by developing content types and extensions
- Increase web scalability, user engagement, and traffic by determining and implementing the best web development standards
- Optimize Samsara.com for performance and accessibility
- Build CMS workflows and architecture for translations, global site updates, and self-serve changes
- Understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Create outstanding user experiences on both desktop and mobile by collaborating with peers across Digital Strategy, Design, Marketing, and SEO
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years in a front-end development role; include portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience with Gulp, Sass, Webpack
- Proficient in developing sites with headless CMS platforms (Contentful experience is a plus!)
- Experience accurately translating designs cross-browser for a variety of screen sizes
- Excellent organizational skills, communication, collaboration, and attention-to-detail
- Experience working with Figma or similar (Sketch and InVision)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with multi-language sites and localization
- Experience with Vue / Nuxt
- Familiarity with Github actions
- Experience driving accessibility (A11y) testing and best practices across engineering and design
- Experience with JAMStack hosting platforms like AWS Amplify, Netlify, Vercel
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, and other characteristics protected by law. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click hereif you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we haveadopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.