About the Role
About the Product Design Team
As a part of the Product Design Team, you’ll play a key role in aligning technical development and business goals with user needs. You’ll be a major contributor in researching and designing product features that our users love. We believe in autonomous teams and practice agile methodologies, so you can expect an exciting role where you’re asked to contribute at every stage of design and product development. You’ll work very closely with colleagues in the Product Management Department and Engineering Teams while also collaborating with Community Engagement, Marketing, and Business Intelligence, to name a few, to achieve common goals.
As a Mid-Level UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Organize and conduct research-related tasks and activities along with our product managers and designers to understand our users’ experiences, pain points, and needs. Summarize, analyze, document, and present the results to the team.
- Help determine the best solution for our users and/or business along with the product managers and engineers by translating ideas into tangible outcomes through low- and high-fidelity wireframes, mockups/prototypes & final deliverables.
- Share regular updates on your progress with product managers and fellow designers and present the overall journey (research to solution) to various stakeholders and teams — get them excited about the upcoming solutions and changes; iterate on the feedback if needed.
- Work closely with your colleagues in the Product Design Team and at times help turn wireframes into final UI deliverables aligned with the Design System and our brand.
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of the Design System.
- Be responsible for quality assurance and provide support to the engineers throughout the development process, ensuring the designs are translated into code and the outcome matches the UI/UX direction.
- Be flexible and encourage an iterative process to achieve the best possible outcome.
What we need from you:
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent practical experience in the areas of UI/UX design or related design fields (communication design or industrial design)
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in designing applications for customer-facing digital multiplatform products — You’ve worked in an agile environment and have enough experience to follow through with design processes and the handing over of deliverables.
- Very good wireframing and prototyping skills — and you enjoy doing it! You’re an expert user of Sketch and are comfortable working with other design tools (e.g., Abstract & Invision).
- Basic-to-good skills and knowledge of UI design and experience working with a Design System — We don’t expect you to be a graphic designer, but we do prefer someone who can provide end-to-end deliverables (concept – visual screens) and is up to date on the latest product trends.
- An awesome portfolio in English that backs you up and shows us your journey and skills as a designer
- Good problem-solving & people skills, with a “get-things-done” attitude
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- An outstanding team player with a collaborative mindset
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV, cover letter and portfolio) today!