Cloud Security Engineer
EGNYTE YOUR CAREER. SPARK YOUR PASSION.
Egnyte is a place where we spark opportunities for amazing people. We believe that every role has meaning, and everyEgnytershould be respected. With 17,000 customers worldwide and growing, you can make an impact by protecting their valuable data. When joining Egnyte, you’re not just landing a new career, you become part of a team ofEgnytersthat are doers, thinkers, and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
Egnyte is the secure multi-cloud platform for content security and governance that enables organizations to better protect and collaborate on their most valuable content. Established in 2008, Egnyte has democratized cloud content security for more than 17,000 organizations, helping customers improve data security, maintain compliance,preventand detect ransomware threats, and boost employee productivity on any app, any cloud, anywhere. For more information, visitwww.egnyte.com.
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Egnyte, you will have a profound impact on our security operations. Based on your in-depth understanding of cloud security, you will support Egnyte’s NetOps,CloudOps, SRE, and Production Engineering teams in building a secure infrastructure for ourproduct following the industry’s best practices. You’ll also implement a highly automated approach to monitoring and detecting incidents, as well as responding to them timely and effectively. You’ll be able to apply your skills to interesting challenges—joining Egnyte is an opportunity to work with diverse technologies and large-scale software (1 million users, 20k transactions per second, 28 Petabytes of data).
An ideal candidate is a great problem solver with experience in systems design, architecture, and compliance. To excel at this role, you need to be passionate aboutDevSecOps, as it’s something we’re genuinely committed to at Egnyte. Working in this role, you will have a chance to develop security-oriented tools and processes from conception to completion and foster a culture of security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Being in charge of security tools used to secure Egnyte’s multi-cloudenvironments
- Automating infrastructure security practices
- Work with the rest of the Security Data Governance & Compliance team to ensure you achieve teamobjectives
- Designing and building scalable IAM infrastructure, enabling others to take advantage of fine-grained access controls at lowcost
- Advising on key security capabilities concerning key management and encryption, including best practices around auditing, and governance
- Enhancing our incident response capabilities
- Recommending solutions for improving Egnyte’s security operations (network, identity and access, identity management, infrastructure)
- Sharing your experience with junior engineers to foster a culture ofexcellence
- 2+ years of experience handling critical productionincidents
- 3+ years of experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years of experience working in a Cloud environment, preferablyGCP
- Experience with distributed systems, networking, hardware, logistics and operations, or capacity
- Experience with at least one scripting language of yourchoice
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources to create clear and concise technical documents explaining the background and procedures for detecting and mitigatingrisks
- Strong background with CI/CD pipelines and security-related tooling
- Excellent communication skills, and being happy to collaborate with others, providing guidance and mentoring whereneeded
- Experience with containerized workloads
- Ability to write and deploy your own tools and automation (preferably in Python)
- Good command of English that allows you to effectively communicate and perform your tasks (B2/C1+)
- Experience with ISO 27001, SOC2, HIPAA, FedRAMP standards
- Experience working with Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Lacework, Prisma Cloud, orsimilar
- Practical experience implementing Zero Trust Networking mechanisms across cloudinfrastructure
- Expertise in cloud automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Salary tailored to your experience andskills
- Flexible forms of employment and working hours
- Great office space overlooking Lake Malta. We enjoy working there, but if you live too far away to visitPoznańregularly, that’s totally fine. We know how to effectively work in a hybrid/remote model and will figure out a way for you to comfortably do your bestwork
- Stock options
- Your own Egnyte account with lifetime access (2 TB of storage)
- 4000 PLN Gross conference budget per person and additional 4 training days each year
- MyBenefit: you can choose aMultiSportcard or gift card everymonth
- Private medical healthcare
- In-house English classes
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Egnyte, we celebrate our differences and thrive on our diversity for our employees, our products, our customers, our investors, and our communities.Egnytersare encouraged to bring their whole selves to work and to appreciate the many differences that collectively make Egnyte a higher-performing company and a great place to be.