In this role, you’ll use your extensive knowledge of PHP and related frameworks like Symfony to improve Survicate surveys seen by over 1,000 people per minute. You’ll engineer for usability, scalability, maintainability, and performance. The release of a new feature makes a huge impact on how easily thousands of companies around the world are able to collect and act upon collected feedback. Fixing even the tiniest bug means improving the user experience for thousands of respondents.
We work in an autonomous, cross-skilled product team that consists of Front-end and Backend Developers, QAs, Product Designers, and Product Managers. We love collaboration, discussing product ideas, creating the best possible solution as fast as possible, and getting it released.
MID: 14 000 - 19 000 net + VAT
SENIOR: 19 000 - 26 000 net + VAT
- Architecture: Microservices
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Most of the services are written in PHP8.1 using the Symfony framework
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Cache: Redis
- Queue: SQS (for background jobs)
- Auto deployments
How We Work
- Work on a high-quality product- the solution we offer has a long-term, stable product vision and a rapidly growing customer base.
- Team with healthy processes- You’ll have a lot fewer meetings, a lot less meaningless communication, and a lot less interruption. Turns out 8 hours is plenty of time to get work done.
- We truly prioritize the right work-life balance - find the rhythm that works for you. If you have to pick your kids up from school or go to a doctor’s office in the middle of traditional working hours, we’re always fine with it.
- We work in small, independent teams- You’ll have a chance to learn about the application architecture and influence the directions in which the application will evolve.
- Friendly & honest atmosphere- we’re looking for people that want to work with us for years, not months.
In a typical week as a backend engineer at Survicate you’ll:
- Write code that will impact thousands of people every day
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code.
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guides decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Maintain the project by regular updates and code housekeeping
- Assist our skilled Customer Success team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- Learn about and use new web technologies
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and finish work on time
See more jobs at Survicate
Apply for this job