2D Art Generalist Intern
12 month Fixed Term Contract (£20,000pa)
Location: Dundee, Wroclaw, Oslo or Remote.
Join us to help shape the future of game development!
About the Role
We are hiring for a 2D art generalist intern to join our content team on a 12 month fixed term contract. You should have a good understanding of the game development process and be able to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in Adobe software. Your portfolio should demonstrate your skill in producing well crafted art assets.
You’ll be working within a versatile and focused team, producing a range of quality game assets including, but not limited to, characters, backgrounds, UI, animation and promotional imagery.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to create and deliver art from concept through to final assets. They should possess excellent drawing and rendering skills, capable of producing animation, and demonstrate an ability to create a wide variety of visual styles while working within the boundaries and guidelines of established properties where necessary.
- Produce initial concepts for approval
- Develop concepts through to final assets.
- Produce animation where required
- Create marketing and promotional materials as required
- The capacity to create beautiful art quickly, coherently and in a variety of art styles.
- An ability to create art based on specifications given by lead artists.
- Ability to work within technical restraints without compromising in quality.
- An understanding of the game development process
- Able to visually demonstrate ideas effectively
- A good working knowledge of industry standard software, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be responsive to schedules in order to meet set project deadlines/milestones.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now! Your CV should contain a link to your portfolio.
We believe in an open, relaxed and fun environment where creativity and talent thrive and is encouraged every day. From our humble beginnings, we have always ensured that GameMaker was built and developed with usability and efficiency in mind – and that’s no different today. A single code base and a low barrier to entry coupled with a very high skill ceiling mean we accommodate all levels of user, from the hobbyists to the seasoned developers. We then allow all games to run natively across a multitude of platforms including PlayStation, Xbox, Android, iOS and macOS, HTML5 browsers, Ubuntu, Windows 10 (including Steam) and Windows UWP.
Opera is a Norwegian company founded in 1995 publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.