Come work for a fast-growing, financially strong Marin-based entertainment and leisure company that owns a variety of businesses, including high-end athletic clubs and spas, restaurants, golf venues, shopping centers, public markets and drive-in theaters. Over the next several years, the company will be rapidly expanding all its brands and looking to invest in new brands. The company is actively looking for qualified professionals who will help execute the company’s future growth strategy.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage. Our 401(k) plan provides a generous company match of up to 4% of an employee’s compensation. If you thrive in a successful, fast-paced environment and you enjoy challenge, please see below to apply.
Under the direction of the Executive Vice President of IT, the Vice President of Engineering will be a strategic position within the organization. The position will have consistent and regular exposure to the Executive team and the direct businesses. The VP of Engineering is responsible for providing the vision, strategic planning and leadership for the software engineering teams.
Together with the Executive Vice President of IT, the VP of Engineering is ultimately accountable for all aspects of the Syufy Enterprises’ software engineering practice with an emphasis in business application roadmap, integration, and implementation; IT program and project management; business project alignment; and all technology vendor relations.
The Vice President of Engineering will contribute to driving the planning and implementation of business applications to support business operations, and improve cost effectiveness, service quality, security and business development. In addition, the VP of Engineering will help establish information technology department goals, budget, and operating procedures and track and manage performance against these business drivers. The VP of Engineering will also contribute to Information Technology security policies and practices pertaining to the protection of confidential data and ensuring that best practices are followed throughout the software development lifecycle.
The Vice President of Engineering will have a unique opportunity to change, lead, and support a new era of technology strategy and delivery for Syufy Enterprises. Below are a few areas of opportunity where the VP of Engineering will be able to impact change across the organization
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- $160,000-$200,000 annually based on relevent experience to the role, plus bonus.
- Full benefits package.
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 4%
- Hybrid work environment; opportunity to work remotely Thursday and Friday weekly.
- On-site gym.
- Discounts at all of the Syufy businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in MIS or Computer Science. Minimum five years of progressively responsible information technology management experience, including supervisory experience and project management experience
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills including the ability to present complicated technology concepts simply and clearly.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of business application planning and implementation
- Change leadership ability; creating meaning, innovation, transformation and problem solving focused
- Managed business partner and IT relationships at all levels; serve as an IT ‘trusted advisor’ to and IT ‘advocate’ for the business
- Candidates must possess a passion for technology. While candidates for this position do not need to have a deep understanding of technical operations they do need to have a strong understanding of business applications management and should be a student of technology
- Acts as IT business consultant to functional areas by participating in process and technology aspects of business-sponsored RFP’s, evaluating and clarifying project objectives, ensuring appropriate project prioritizations and advising on new business initiatives.
- Strong supervision and customer service skills
- Experience with various Software Development Life Cycles (Agile, RAD, etc.) and the implementation of such processes.
- Strong knowledge of application development frameworks including: Microsoft .NET
- Knowledge of various application stacks including; Microsoft IIS, SQL Server, .NET, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure DevOps
**No unsolicited phone calls or resumes from recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes received will be deemed the property of our Company and no recruiting and/or placement fees will be paid out should the forwarding of said material result in hire.**
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS
Syufy Enterprises and/or any affiliated entities (collectively, the “Company” or “we”) provide this California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to describe our privacy practices with respect to our collection of Personal Information as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). This Notice applies only to job applicants and candidates for employment who are residents of the State of California (“Consumers”) and from whom we collect “Personal Information” as defined in the CCPA. We provide you this Notice because under the CCPA, California residents who are job applicants qualify as Consumers. For purposes of this Notice, when we refer to Consumers, we mean you only to the extent you are a job applicant who resides in California.
1. Information We Collect From or About Job Applicants
We may directly or indirectly collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations and using a variety of different methods, including, but not limited to, on our website, your mobile device, through email, in physical locations, through written applications, through the mail, and/or over the telephone. Generally, we may collect, receive, maintain, and use the following categories of Personal Information, depending on the particular purpose and to the extent permitted under applicable law:
Personal Identifiers & Contact Information:Name, alias, home, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number.
Pre-Hire, Employment, and Education History Information: Information provided in your job application or resume including prior job experience and/or positions held, your salary expectations, educational history or records of degrees and/or certifications, information gathered as part of reference checks, information recorded in job interview notes by persons conducting job interviews for the Company, information contained in candidate evaluation records and assessments, information in work product samples you provided, and voluntary disclosures by you.
Inferences: Based on analysis of the personal information collected, we may develop inferences regarding job applicants’ predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes for purposes of recruiting and hiring assessments and decisions.
Of the above categories of Personal Information, the following are categories of Sensitive Personal Information the Company may collect:
1. Personal Identifiers
Personal Information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• Information that a business has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by the job applicant or from widely distributed media.
• Information made available by a person to whom the job applicant has disclosed the information if the job applicant has not restricted the information to a specific audience.
• De-identified or aggregated information.
2. How We Use Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
The Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information we collect, and our use of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information, may vary depending on the circumstances. This Notice is intended to provide an overall description of our collection and use of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information. Generally, we may use or disclose Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information we collect from you or about you for one or more of the following purposes:
1. To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job with the Company, we will use that Personal Information in connection with your candidacy for employment.
2. To comply with local, state, and federal law and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records (such as immigration compliance records, travel records, personnel files, wage and hour records, payroll records, accident or safety records, and tax records), as well as local, state, and federal law, regulations, ordinances, guidelines, and orders relating to COVID-19.
3. To evaluate, make, and communicate decisions regarding your job application and candidacy for employment.
4. To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
5. To evaluate and improve our recruiting methods and strategies.
6. To evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment or promotions.
7. To obtain and verify employment references.
8. To engage in corporate transactions requiring review or disclosure of job applicant records subject to non-disclosure agreements, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
9. COVID-19 RELATED PURPOSES
a. To reduce the risk of spreading the disease in or through the workplace.
b. To protect job applicants and everyone else at Company workplaces from exposure to COVID-19.
c. To comply with local, state, and federal law, regulations, ordinances, guidelines, and orders relating to COVID-19, including applicable reporting requirements.
d. To facilitate and coordinate pandemic-related initiatives and activities (whether Company-sponsored or through the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, other federal, state and local governmental authorities, and/or public and private entities or establishments, including vaccination initiatives).
e. To permit contact tracing relating to any potential exposure.
f. To communicate with job applicants and other consumers (including employees and visitors to our workplace) regarding potential exposure to COVID-19 and properly warn others who have had close contact with an infected or symptomatic individual so that they may take precautionary measures, help prevent further spread of the virus, and obtain treatment, if necessary.
10. To evaluate, assess, and manage the Company’s business relationship with vendors, service providers, and contractors that provide services to the Company related to recruiting or processing of data from or about job applicants.
11. To improve job applicant experience on Company computers, networks, devices, software applications or systems, and to debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our systems.
12. To protect against malicious or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
13. To prevent identity theft.
14. To verify and respond to consumer requests from job applicants under applicable consumer privacy laws.
3. Sale/Sharing of Information to Third Parties
The Company does not sell your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for any monetary or other valuable consideration. The Company does not share your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
For more information you can request a copy of the Company’s Privacy by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Data Retention:
Syufy Enterprisesretains information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. In deciding how long to retain each category of Personal Information that we collect, we consider many criteria, including, but not limited to: the business purposes for which the Personal Information was collected; relevant federal, state and local recordkeeping laws; applicable statute of limitations for claims to which the information may be relevant; and legal preservation of evidence obligations.
By submitting my resume and/or application, I acknowledge and confirm that I have received and read and understand this Notice and I hereby authorize and consent to the Company’s use of the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information it collects, receives or maintains for the business purposes identified above.