BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, political campaigns, and businesses. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the team:
The BlueLabs Civic Tech practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to reduce the friction between residents and the essential services they use. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data programs that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
About the role:
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for leading BlueLabs’ engagement with a project. Our project is ultimately responsible for improving the experience of beneficiaries seeking and interacting with information about their healthcare coverage. You will lead the partner relationship and lean on a team of analysts, data scientists, and engineers to drive high-impact results for millions of Americans.
This position reports to the Director, Civic Tech.
In this position you will:
- Direct overall vision, goals, and initiatives for the data analysis, data science, and other team pods on the project.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, guidance, coaching, goal-setting and intellectual leadership to pod leads; you’ll also collaborate on guiding the analysis tasks with your team.
- Liaise between engineering and data analysis groups, ensuring that analysts have access to data sets and the tools that they need, that engineers get questions about usage trends answered, and that work is effectively balanced.
- Explore structured and unstructured data sets with the team to observe trends and insights that will drive our client’s decision-making.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and oversee an external partner engagement, and interface with client government agency representatives.
- Develop deep knowledge about the program so you can effectively put data in context – and help your team to do the same.
- Guide the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the team’s deliverables.
- Maintain and prioritize work that is clear, concise, and trackable for our team and the client, including high quality documentation and task management.
- Build meaningful connections with stakeholders that strengthen yours and BlueLabs’ relationships with them.
- Such other reasonable tasks as may be assigned by management.
What we are seeking:
- Experience leading an engagement for a technology innovation client, including managing people on the team.
- You have significant work experience interacting with data originating from systems to answer nuanced questions. For example: manipulating mass data exports to inform an enterprise-wide inquiry into platform usage, subscriptions, etc.
- You make connections between the big picture and operational needs, and drive reconciliation of the two.
- You are skilled at telling concise, impactful, and data-informed stories to decision-makers – verbally, visually, and in written word.
- You often think about how complex systems can be improved – and are willing to roll up your sleeves to do something about it.
- You draw conclusions from data with ease and comfortably relay your point-of-view – particularly when you need to interrogate insights with your team or clarify unknown factors with your client.
- Experience strategizing with a variety of stakeholders to ultimately arrive at a workable solution.
- Experience delivering client-facing materials which originates and interprets insights from a mix of structured and unstructured data.
- You live by well-tested standards of quality control, people management, and client engagement.
- Proficiency manipulating data using a language like Python, SQL, or R.
- Effective communication skills when working with team members of varied backgrounds, roles, and functions.
- Leadership competencies in the following: empathy, active listening, coaching/feedback, integrity, decisiveness, and problem solving and/or experience as a people manager, mentor, or thought partner to your teammates.
- Passion in applying your skills to our social mission to problem-solve and collaborate within a cross-functional, client-facing team environment.
- 5+ years of work experience working with data-driven decision-making.
- The ability to successfully attain and maintain a Federal Public Trust background investigation that our government clients require; this includes a requirement that the individual has U.S. Citizenship or U.S. residency for three of the past five years.
What recruitment looks like:
During the interview process, you will be asked questions to describe your background and experience relevant to the position. This may include providing examples of projects you worked on, tools or applications you've used, and knowledge you have applied. We often look for explanations of "how or why" so it's helpful to have details ready.
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- Premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation leave
- Paid sick, personal, and volunteer leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 15 weeks paid parental leave
- Professional development stipend & tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supportive & collaborative culture
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly (within the U.S.)
- And more!
The salary for this position is $110,000 annually.
While we have an office in Washington, DC, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.EEO is the Law(Link to external DOL site)