Building Tomorrow’s Sustainability
Danimer Scientific imagines a cleaner, healthier world: a world without the massive plastic pollution that litters our planet today. In fact, we’re doing more than imagining it. We’re creating it. Do you want to help?
The Senior Cost Accountant is an integral member of both the Bainbridge, GA manufacturing sites and the Finance team. The position will be the financial business partner to the site in all aspects of cost accounting, inventory accounting, month end closing and analyses. The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for ensuring consistency and transparency in the financial data and reporting for the site, as well as oversight and compliance with all internal controls. The role will collaborate with sister sites in the development and application of best practices throughout the organization. This role will report to the Director of Plant Accounting and interacts with the Bainbridge, GA Plant Operations leadership team and departments, Supply Chain, and Corporate departments.
Being team member of the Bainbridge, GA plants and works closely and collaborate with plant personnel and corporate accounting to accurately report and analyze financial data. This includes the planning and development of procedures and systems to ensure the availability of accurate data in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains accurate product costs including absorption rates in D365 ERP system and ensuring inventory is accurately value.
- Perform month end closing activities, reporting and reconciliations.
- Analyzes cost and expense variances and prepares explanations for management review.
- Manage and reviewing costing for Bill of Materials, productions orders and inventory transactions within ERP system.
- Inventory accounting, including reconciliations, reporting, and coordinating annual/periodic physical counts,
- Processing all revenue related transactions.
- Raw Material invoicing and other invoicing as needed,
- Assist with developing and managing KPI’s for the site.
- Supports the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Performs financial analyses and special projects as required or requested.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable company and financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, including SOX compliance,
- Maintains a process improvement mentality to improve efficiency and accuracy as it relates to accounting procedures and processes.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Self-Value and Care
- Learning Orientation.
- Microsoft Suite.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Accounting or another business-related field is required with heavy cost accounting experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Hands on mindset, who is not afraid to dig into the details.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years’ experience in cost accounting with responsibility for setting standard costs and analyzing manufacturing variances.
- Fermentation or biotech experience preferred.
- Advanced abilities in Excel and database management.
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations.
- Experience with ERP systems required; experience with ERP system implementation and Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and collaborate with staff at all organizational levels across various business units is required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Must be able to work in a high demand non-climate control manufacturing setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Normal hours and days are 8 AM – 5 PM on Monday – Friday with occasional weekends or nights if required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Danimer Scientific provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Danimer Scientific complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Danimer Scientific expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Danimer Scientific’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.