Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to become an integral part of our Ad Products & Monetization team, focused on implementing pricing and monetization initiatives that guide customers to the right products and tools for their needs.
In this role, you'll work closely with an accomplished team, crafting user-centric experiences that enable our world-class partners to tap into freelance talent effectively. You'll contribute significantly to experiences customers love and trust by providing easy-to-understand performance and management dashboards that help partners use independent talent to unlock new value for their customers.
You’ll dig into user challenges, define mental models, and uncover ways to provide engaging, intuitive, and high-quality user experiences. You’ll also support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives – at a time when this is more urgent than ever.
You’ll also be part of a talented, supportive, and collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content designers who gather frequently to share work, get feedback, socialize, and learn from each other.
- Lead projects through an end-to-end design process: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, testing, and launch.
- Leverage your design expertise to enhance and broaden our advertising platform, tools, and user touchpoints by conducting competitive and user research, understanding advertising and pricing fundamentals, and identifying what our customers value.
- Collaborate with our user researchers, product managers, data scientists, machine learning, developers, content writers, and fellow designers to frame problems and generate ideas from concept through implementation.
- Be curious. Learn about our two-sided marketplace, build empathy for our users' needs, advocate for them, and deliver impactful experiences that connect solving their problems to business strategy.
- Create elegant, flexible, highly usable, and apt designs for different device types.
- Care about quality and the fine details of our product design. Produce elegant solutions that build trust, connection, and experiences that customers enjoy using.
- Communicate and share designs with cross-functional partners, from strategy and experience concepts to design systems and assets.
- Work with developers to deliver a polished final product, including high-fidelity UI and UX specs.
- Further strengthen our design team through mentorship, design critiques, and knowledge sharing.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong experience in product design or UX, leading end-to-end UX design and development for multiple successfully launched applications.
- Must have previous experience designing in the ads and monetization space.
- Case studies that demonstrate your attention to detail with impressive design solutions that connect solving for user needs into outcomes for the business.
- Track record of using data and quantitative research methodologies to inform decision-making across the entire product design process/lifecycle.
- A strong work ethic and a readiness to focus and commit.
- You can lead a project from start to finish and passionately pursue high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
- A growth mentality. You look to tackle new challenges and stretch your abilities to improve the team, the business, and yourself.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of the challenges and constraints in designing cross-platform web and mobile experiences (Desktop, mobile web, native iOS and Android).
- An excellent teammate. You believe we are stronger together and are energized when you’re in a room (a virtual room) with smart, empathetic, and passionate people.
- Diligent about design details. You produce pixel-tight, attractive work that other companies will look to emulate.
- ***Portfolio is required***
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $122,500 - $195,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
At the core of our vibrant culture are shared values that form the foundation of our organization. These values revolve around trust, risk-taking, customer focus, and excellence. Our overarching mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster an environment where individuals are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, nurturing personal and professional growth through development opportunities, mentorship programs, and participation in Upwork Belonging Communities.
We take pride in providing exceptional benefits to our employees. These include comprehensive medical insurance coverage for both you and your family, unlimited paid time off, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To explore these benefits in detail, as well as gain insights into our company values, working principles, and the overall employee experience, we invite you to visit our Life at Upwork page.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice