About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Enterprise Project Portfolio Manager will establish and support the lifecycle of an enterprise project portfolio, leading program-level reviews, identifying areas for improvement, reporting analyses that provide a wholistic view of progress and gaps to senior leadership. The portfolio manager should not only be comfortable talking with high-level business leaders about individual programs / projects, but also identify opportunities to invest in programs and projects that will contribute significantly to the company’s roadmap. The portfolio manager will establish and lead a community of practice and serve as a mentor to program and project team members throughout the organization.
What you'll do:
- Project Portfolio Management:
- Develop and implement an enterprise project portfolio management framework and associated change approval process that aligns with the company's strategic goals and objectives, including the successful commercialization of new products.
- Develop and manage program and project budgets in partnership with program managers, and track performance against those budgets.
- Develop and manage program and project quality measures to ensure deliverables fulfill identified and prioritized business objectives.
- Identify and mitigate risks to projects and programs, including risks to the commercialization of new products.
- Communicate progress and performance to senior management and stakeholders, including information on the commercialization of new products.
- Utilize corporate change management strategies to support success of programs and projects within the portfolio.
- Strategic Initiative Identification:
- Prioritize and recommend programs and projects for investment to the company’s senior leadership, based on their strategic value and alignment with the company's risk appetite, including their potential to impact the commercialization of new products.
- Analyze key performance indicators to provide relevant, timely and meaningful insights to the business and key stakeholders on the portfolio and its impacts to the corporate plan / roadmap.
- May help establish strategic plans and objectives for the organization.
- Coach Program and Project Leaders:
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve best practices, tools and templates for program and project management across the enterprise.
- Lead a community of practice for and mentor a matrixed team of program managers.
- Ensure leadership for, advise, and contribute insights to a community of practice for project managers throughout the enterprise.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Demonstrates competences and technical proficiencies typically acquired through Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrates competences and technical proficiencies typically acquired through 10+ years of experience in enterprise portfolio management, with a proven track record of success, including experience in commercializing new products.
- Strong understanding of portfolio management methodologies and best practices, with a focus on commercializing new products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a proactive nature, has a positive can-do attitude, be result and data-driven, and work comfortably in a group/collaborative setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and motivate matrixed / cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams, including collaborating, aligning with, and leading across teams that report to other functions.
- Proven ability to establish and implement strategies and manage complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency with enterprise, program, and/or project planning software.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or as a Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) is a plus.
- Experience in the software industry.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.