BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology dedicated to helping our partners do the most good with their data. Our team of analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists hail from diverse backgrounds yet share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. Since our inception we’ve worked with more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, and international groups. In addition, we service an ever-expanding portfolio of commercial clients in the automotive, travel, CPG, entertainment, healthcare, media, and telecom industries. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
About the team:
The Insights division creates and manages the underlying data that drives our day-to-day work. This is a new team at BlueLabs, created to meet our organization’s evolving client base and business needs, to ensure that BlueLabs is providing the most innovative data and analysis to our clients, all while developing and coaching team members to grow and respond to our company’s goals.
The BlueLabs Insights practice works with non-profit, political, and private sector clients to provide them with high quality analysis to better understand the environment they operate in and inform future decision making.
About the role:
As a Reporting Analyst, you will help the Insights team create and maintain business intelligence reports. You should have an eye for design that creates engaging interactive dashboards for users. Additionally, the Reporting Analyst should have knowledge of how to take raw data and transform it into effective base tables containing KPIs to be used in reports. You would be a relied upon expert for internal teams on all things reporting and would engage with other team members on reporting best practices, report troubleshooting, and general training on report development. The Reporting Analyst reports to the Director, Data.
In this position you will:
- Develop, maintain, and manage dashboards in Tableau and other BI solutions.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders, both internal and external to gather requirements for dashboards, and work iteratively with those stakeholders to ensure BI solutions met their needs
- Build and automate data pipelines used in reporting using SQL
- Advise and train others internally on best practices when building dashboards and dashboard pipelines
- Provide technical expertise in areas of report architecture, design, and implementation
- Create documentation for BI dashboards and pipelines detailing data sources, KPI calculations, and dashboard elements and functions
- Hold trainings for dashboard users on basic functionality, information covered, and limitations of dashboards
- Create and implement processes to ensure data accuracy and accuracy of report filters, calculated fields, and other functions
- Optimize reports to improve load times
- Troubleshoot issues with dashboards with team members
- Ensure consistency by adhering to a set of software coding and style guides
- Research trends in the BI and reporting space to ensure that BlueLabs resources are as up to date as needed and teams are aware of new or upcoming data visualization solutions
What we are seeking:
- At least 2 years of experience developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau. This experience should include requirements gathering, design, and final dashboard implementation
- At least 2 years of experience using SQL to analyze data and create datasets to be used in dashboard development
- Ability to synthesize complex business requirements to technical specifications into visualizations that provide insightful analysis
- Experience creating documentation about dashboards including written documents and live training sessions
- Familiarity with Tableau server monitoring and administration
- Experience effectively troubleshooting issues with dashboards and implementing solutions to fix issue or improve performance
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Familiarity with Git, or experience with other version control system
- Effective communication and collaboration skills when working with team members of varied backgrounds, roles, and functions
- A high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage and prioritize several tasks or projects concurrently
You may also have experience:
- Working with other business intelligence software like PowerBi, or Looker
- Working on political campaigns or advocacy
- Working with voter files or large consumer datasets
- Working with tools such as Phoenix, DNC Toolbox, VAN, PDI, or common finance, digital or field campaign platforms and their APIs
- Experience working in modern data processing stacks using tools like Apache Airflow and dbt
- Experience with graphic editing tools like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP
We strive to hire efficiently and transparently. We expect to hire this position in April 2023. To get there, we anticipate the successful candidate will complete three interviews and a technical assessment (HR 15 minutes, technical interview 45 minutes, and team interview 60 minutes), all virtually.
What we offer:
The salary for this position is $75,000 annually.
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- Premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sick, personal, and volunteer leave
- 15 weeks paid parental leave
- Professional development & learning stipend
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) stipend
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible working hours
- Telecommuting/Remote options
- Pre-tax transportation options
- And more!
While we prefer this position to be in the Washington, DC area, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, as a company policy, BlueLabs strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment. BlueLabs adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations. Except where prohibited by law, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment; if not the offer may be rescinded or employment terminated. BlueLabs will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.