As a Back-end Engineer, you’ll be part of an autonomous squad, accountable to your squadmates and clients to deliver the right solutions for today and tomorrow.
We’re a remote-first team that understands the value of work/life integration and having flex time to find your own sweet spot in the day.
When it comes to creative ideas, nothing’s off the table — if you can make a case for it, you can do it. Working on a patch? Cool. Make it a part of your project work and boost your impact. Contributing to open-source projects isn’t just a corporate catchphrase for us. It’s in our DNA.
At Oomph, we build world-class digital experiences that drive meaningful human connection. We don’t compromise on the quality of our code or our collaboration. You’ll get the support of an in-house DevOps team, best-in-class source management tools, and cross-squad knowledge shares to help you grow and succeed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Drupal chops! Can’t budge on this one, it’s the primary CMS we work with.
- 5+ years of experience delivering large-scale Drupal solutions
- Deep understanding of Drupal 8/9 architecture and APIs
- Proven experience developing custom modules
- Extremely comfortable integrating Drupal with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with version control workflows, pull requests, and peer reviews for code quality
- Experience with local development environments such as Lando/DDEV
- Effective and clear communication skills; ability to give and receive feedback
- Problem-solving capabilities and uses creativity, flexibility, curiosity, and resourcefulness to arrive at solutions
- The enthusiasm to thrive in a self-directed environment, move agilely between projects and collaborate effectively
What would set you apart:
- Experience implementing Drupal in a decoupled architecture
- Experience with JS frameworks (React/Gatsby/Next/Angular/Vue/Nuxt)
Reasons to join our team:
- A supportive team culture to bring your whole self
- Flexibility to adapt your schedule and control your own time for healthier work/life
- Clarity around compensation and advancement
- 20 days of paid time off per year, plus 8 paid holidays, and your birthday
- Company laptop, WFH set up allowance and a $2k annual WFH stipend
- Paid parental leave, paid sabbatical, and paid time for professional development
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with a 4% company match
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are within the US
- Proud member of 1% for the Planet
Clarity around our published salary range:
At Oomph, our engineering career track is based on 5 levels. We're currently seeking folks who can demonstrate mid-level or senior-level knowledge, skills, and abilities (including those required Drupal chops mentioned above) as a back-end engineers. The mid-level salary range for this role at Oomph is $78-85k and senior is $90-100k.
A Bit More About Us:
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization is required. Oomph, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the E-Verify Employee Rights and Responsibilities here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees/employee-rights-and-responsibilities
A successful candidate will also be subject to a reference check, and a background check, based on the requirements of the position. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate. To learn more about your legal rights as a job applicant, please visit https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/background-checks-what-job-applicants-and-employees-should-know.