Cape Privacy is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to help build and evolve our innovative encrypted predictions product. Ideal candidates will have significant experience managing and optimizing public software-as-a-service applications.
Cape is a fully-remote, growing startup, and we are looking for team members in the United States and Canada.
- Make technical decisions impacting deploying and hosting a scalable and reliable system
- Build tooling and processes to improve and accelerate how we ship software
- Maintain high standards for deployment and configuration management
- Maintain configuration for access control and internal user onboarding
- Collaborate with software engineers to improve operability and observability of software components
- Stay current with SaaS infrastructure standards and trends
- Introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to keep product current
- Assist with debugging and solving infrastructure issues as they arise
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Participate in stand-up meetings to review progress and perform planning
- A great attitude, effective communication skills, and a strong sense of ownership
- Passionate about automating processes to make everyday development, testing, and deployment easier
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and collaborative environment
- A bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience deploying, monitoring, and optimizing production SaaS products
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices around CI/CD and scalability in cloud infrastructure
- Deep understanding of tracing, metrics, monitoring, alerting, and other observability best-practices
- Experience configuring and operating a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience maintaining a large Terraform configuration
- Experience with containerization and orchestration
- Thorough understanding of cloud-based services and resources
- Thorough understanding of identity and access-management standards
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices using GitHub.
- Ability to effectively analyze and triage production software problems.
- Experience with service mesh (Istio, AWS AppMesh, etc)
- Experience with networking and security (RBAC in Kubernetes)
- Experience maintaining and scaling distributed systems.
Why Cape Privacy?
Cape Privacy is a secure, self-service platform for running AI predictions on encrypted data in Snowflake. Cape’s platform protects security and privacy by default using secure multiparty computation, which keeps data encrypted in-use. This means users can unlock powerful insights from highly confidential data that remains encrypted, providing a more precise understanding of market, customer, and product trends.
At Cape, you'll be working on truly novel technology, working with a fast-growing team of cryptographers, machine learning researchers, and software engineers where you can grow your expertise, share knowledge, and keep learning. We take pride in our work; foster a culture of collaboration, integrity, diversity, and humility; practice continuous improvement; and we take great care of our customers.
Cape, Inc. is based in New York City and Halifax Canada, and is backed by Evolution Equity Partners, Tiger Global Management, boldstart ventures, Version One Ventures, Ridgeline Partners, Haystack, and Radical Ventures. Visit capeprivacy.com for more information.