This position is based in New York City, and in some cases remote can be considered for the following states: CA, MA, MI, OR, NJ, TX, SC, VT, WA.
At Personio, we are on an inspiring and ambitious mission to build the People Operating System - the single source of truth for employee information - that enables small & mid-sized businesses to be strategic about their people, the biggest asset and success factor for any organization.
We are building the environment and the culture for you to do the best work of your career. You'll be surrounded by fellow craftspeople and you'll be asked to apply your skills to raise the bar for how Personio – and the industry at large – builds products.As a Principal Engineer (Infrastructure Engineering), you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure that supports our mission-critical applications and services. You will be responsible for hands-on coding, upleveling junior engineers, driving architectural decisions, and ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of our infrastructure.
The infrastructure engineering team’s mission is to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure to ensure Personio runs on a platform that is reliable, scalable, and easy to operate. We measure the effectiveness of this mission through operational metrics which prompt us to proactively create and scale new infrastructure when needed, and we have a specific ownership of the availability and operation of the AWS cloud infrastructure which is the basis of our platform.
- Lead and mentor infrastructure engineers, providing technical guidance and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, design, and implement robust, scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to optimize application performance and reliability in the infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for infrastructure projects and scalability requirements (10x scale).
- Implement best practices for infrastructure management, monitoring, and automation to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Operational rigor to ensure infrastructure security and incident management.
- Proven track record of leading the architecture and design of new and existing systems with AWS.
- Experience designing and building scalable software to handle 10x load increases and 100x peak traffic spikes.
- Maintain open and clear communication and foster a collaborative work environment with team members, stakeholders, and management.
- ‘'Platform as a product' mindset with strategic thinking.
- Ability to navigate technical debates and drive technical alignment.