Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, UI to join the Tenable One product development team. As a Sr. Software Engineer, UI will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product requirements with Product Managers, architect and implement technical solutions, and ensure continued success after deployment. You will lead and participate in design reviews and architecture discussions. You write pragmatic code and strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
- Work within a fast growing development team on an innovative product, Tenable One, that is utilizing cutting edge front end technologies
- Have high-impact by helping the team deliver on our next-generation enterprise web application
- Own your projects end-to-end including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Embrace and implement modern front-end technologies and frameworks
- Promote innovative and elegant software design while actively driving the team toward better practices and solutions with a focus on security, reliability, testability and maintainability
- Collaborate with an amazing group of cross functional team members including product management, design and other engineers in your Agile team
- Take responsibility and ownership of your projects
- Perform code and design reviews
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years working with React
- Familiarity with unit and end to end testing for JS/React
- Experience debugging web application errors through the use of tools such as Chrome Dev Tools, etc.
- Experience working through the software development life cycle on software development teams and the associated tools (git, Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Successfully deployed code/features, multiple times, while working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of browser versions, their quirks and the solution to said quirks
- Experience using Node and related build automation tools
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other engineers and cross functional team members
- Willingness to take ownership of project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Experience owning a project and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle
- Understanding of how design systems and component libraries work
- Keen grasp of the functional programming paradigm
- Use of virtualization and/or container technology (i.e. Docker)
- Experience with visualization tools (d3, three.js, raphael.js) and Node.js is preferred, but not required
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to frontend architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, localization, security and web design/user experience
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $128,000.00 - $170,000.00 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.