Staff Software Test Engineer
Who we are
Are you passionate about innovating at the intersection of technology and personal security? At Pindrop, we recognize that the human voice is a unique personal identifier, increasingly susceptible to sophisticated fraud, including the threat of deepfakes. We're leading the way in developing cutting-edge authentication, fraud prevention, and deepfake detection. Our mission is to provide seamless and secure digital experiences, safeguarding the most personal aspect of our identity: our voice. Here, you'll be part of a team driven by values of Innovation, Customer Advocacy, Excellence, and Impact. We're not just creating a safer digital landscape by fortifying trust and integrity with those we serve, we’re also building a dynamic, supportive workplace where your contributions make a real difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
Our engineering team solves tough problems and works on operationalizing research innovations to mitigate the risk posed by deepfakes and synthetic voices. This allows enterprises to assess whether a caller is a real person speaking live or not in real time. As a software test engineer on our Deepfake team, your role will be to act as the team’s subject matter expert in test engineering and contribute to code with a focus on testability. You will review designs and look closely at code quality and risk. You will be responsible for refactoring code to make it more testable and creating testing frameworks and automation.
What you’ll do
- Partner in ownership of source code and act as a consultant recommending better program structure and coding style
- Review and refactor existing test code
- Analyze requirements to determine the testing strategy of different applications and products through automation
- Participate in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
- Create, update, review automated test cases to match product feature sets, execute manually as required
- Participate and contribute to product code reviews
- Educate team members on current and evolving practices, patterns and process to improve product quality
- Create tooling around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
- Monitor application performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Identify application deviance from standards and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
Who you are
- You arepassionate about working with new technologies and sharing new discoveries
- You are excited to work in a fast paced and high growth environment
- You love to work in a creative and collaborative team environment
- You are a self starter and open to new ideas and innovation
- You live by the motto: “Quality is not an act; it is a habit.”
- You are an owner and a leader
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under promise and over deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
Tech stack: Python, Go, Pytest, Cypress, AWS
- 7-9 years of experience with development with tooling/test architecture
- Experience with testing frameworks like Pytest
- Solid programming skills, preferably with Python or Go
- Strong working knowledge of AWS Cloud Services, Linux, Docker or similar
Nice to Have
- Capable with SQL and relational databases preferred
- Experience in continuous integration (Github actions) preferred
- Experience with UI testing tools like Cypress and Selenium preferred
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform/Cloudformation)
What’s in it for you
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete all onboarding sessions related to the company, product and platform.
- You will have your development and test setup ready and would have accounts and credentials acquired to begin work.
- You will have an onboarding buddy to help you with all above tasks
- You will have an opportunity to work on a small test plan and add a system test validating a story or a bug.
- You will participate in team ceremonies like standup, grooming and retro.
- You will start to get to know your team members and start collaborating with them on your tasks
Within 60 days you’ll
- You will become more comfortable with the product and platform and start participating in design discussions for the features the team is working on.
- You will be responsible for delivering the quality of a small feature. This will mean that you will be highly involved in the feature requirements, design reviews, and creation of test plans for that feature.
Within 90 days you’ll
- You will have knowledge of different aspects of the product and will be comfortable answering questions asked by external teams.
- You will also be participating in an on-call rotation allowing you to get insight into the operations of the system.
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 company-wide rest days in 2024 where the entire company rests and recharges!
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including one employer-paid “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.