Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We're looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager to join our Developer Experience team to shape the way developers engage with the security products, features, and integrations built by Snyk.
In this role you’ll collaborate with various stakeholders across the company to analyze the customers’ needs, defining flows and features. You’ll work collaboratively with development teams to drive execution as well as the field teams to launch new capabilities.
Snyk has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for curious, creative people that are ridiculously easy to work with. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, and hardworking. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
You’ll spend your time
- Designing and defining detailed specifications for technical and functional requirements
- Working closely with your Engineering and Product peers to identify key platform capabilities necessary to deliver a unified developer experience for Snyk customers
- Defining product metrics to measure success and make data-driven product decisions
- Defining and communicating the vision for Secure Developer Experience
- Conducting ongoing customer and prospect conversations to acquire a deep understanding of the needs and pain points of their developers’ workflows
- Working closely with Product Marketing and GTM teams on enabling and collecting feedback on new features
- Mentoring other product managers in the organization and up-leveling the product management craft at Snyk
- Communicating your teams' work internally and externally, including to executive leadership, customers, and market analysts
You should apply if you:
- Are motivated by delighting Developers and have empathy for their challenges - you’ll be a product leader and voice of the customer
- Have experience building solutions that fit into multiple parts of the customer's software development lifecycle
- Communicate proactively and clearly, and would enjoy working in highly cross-functional, distributed product teams
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytics skills
- Are familiar with agile software development practices, have a technical background or have experience targeting the developer persona
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to be successful
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience working with integrations for GitHub Apps, Bitbucket Connect, IDE Plugins or Command-line Interfaces
- Have experience working with data and like getting hands on to build prototypes
- Have prior software development experience
- Have experience with enterprise, government or regulated industries - bringing empathy for those users’ unique challenges
- Have prior experience working with cross-functional teams that are geographically distributed
- Have domain expertise in cybersecurity or developer tools
- Have familiarity with Application Security, DevSecOps, AST (SAST, SCA, IAST, DAST)
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances