With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
Fubo is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a passion for video systems that solve complex problems.
As a member of the VOD Acquisition, Encoding & Operations team at Fubo, you will work in a video streaming ecosystem that writes code for all parts of a VOD acquisition, encoding, packaging and encryption pipeline. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engineer solutions for research and innovations sake within the ecosystem that is streaming video.
As a Software Engineer on a small, dedicated team, this role also requires an aptitude for removing complexity from existing architectures, performing frequent code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, and representing Fubo and its interests with third parties and vendors.
All Fubo Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software systems
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Have a mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in streaming video, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the Fubo team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
Software Engineers on the VOD Acquisition, Encoding & Ops team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high traffic environment
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-computed-hosted code (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of relational and key-value store databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, cloud SaaS NoSQL/SQL)
- Comfortable working in multiple coding languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Python)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Spring Framework)
- Familiarity with media containers (e.g. MP4, MPEG-2 TS), streaming protocols (e.g. DASH, HLS), and tools for encoding/decoding/muxing/demuxing (e.g. ffmpeg, MP4Box), and content protection (e.g. CENC, CBCS) is a plus.
- Experience debugging software through automated regression testing
- Remain informed of industry best-practices and standards and promote their use internally to the video teams throughout the Fubo engineering organization
- Enhance the quality of our codebases while increasing their simplicity, as well as providing mentoring to help teammates do the same
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, and agile (with a lowercase "a") methodologies.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role is $120,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $155,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, annual cash bonus plans, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. This role may also be available to candidates outside of the New York City area. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.