Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Do you have a curious mindset that’s always hungry for data and will do what it takes to understand the why as well as the what?
Are you passionate about building predictive models to inform business strategy?
We are looking for an experienced data science and analytics manager with a passion for digging into data, structuring problems, and building models to become the first member of our data science segment of our Marketing Strategy, Analytics and Data Science team. In this role, you will be creative -- supporting the development of our data science roadmap as well as building out foundational models to support the creation of a more efficient go-to-market strategy. You should know what it takes to be a marketer and apply data-driven insights for continuous improvement.
Our diverse team is growing, offering opportunities for continuous learning and career progression. Successful candidates will be able to scale and build a team ensuring we are positioned for growth as Samsara continues to scale.
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except the San Francisco Bay Area (125 mi. radius from 1 De Haro St, San Francisco) and NYC Metro Area (50 mi. radius from 131 W 55th St, New York).
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click hereto learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the development of our core marketing data science roadmap as well as execute on bringing that roadmap to life
- Work to uplevel our current predictive models to increase their accuracy and effectiveness for the business
- Champion the development of our Sales Intelligence muscle and manage the development of predictive models that inform triggers, such as the next best action we should take and more
- Communicate insights using data visualization and presentations to a range of stakeholders
- Contribute to Marketing initiatives to offer ideas and facilitate the establishment and measurement of KPIs
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Ph.D., M.S., or Bachelor's in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of relevant marketing data science, data science or advanced analytics work experience
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying predictive marketing models to inform go-to-market strategy (propensity models, time series forecasts, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of marketing measurement (attribution, marketing mix modeling, lift studies)
- Expertise in Tableau and/or similar platform
- Expertise in languages and tools like Python, R and SQL
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication abilities
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building a marketing data science function from scratch in partnership with an analytics and data engineering team
- 2+ years of experience managing and building a team
- Experience building out Marketing Mix Models
- Familiarity with web analytics and tracking platforms
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy:Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, and other characteristics protected by law. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click hereif you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we haveadopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.