This position reports to the Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Manager and can be fully remote.
About the Role:
IPSY is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Operations Manager with a unique blend of strategic and tactical skills. This is a brand new role at IPSY and an exciting opportunity to be a part of its evolution. This position will be responsible for strategizing and executing marketing automations, segmentation, and complex workflow builds to drive subscriber growth, engagement, and retention throughout the customer journey. Success in this role will require tight collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders including Growth, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Data, Customer Service, and Operations.
You should have proven success in building omni-channel personalized experiences; analyzing data to make decisions and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative beauty tech start-up, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the beauty industry. If you love rolling up your sleeves and piecing together to build technical programs that drive high-impact results, this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work cross-functionally to develop, lead, and execute email, push, and SMS campaigns and journeys, across transactional, triggered, and promotional emails to increase specific business KPIs and overall user LTV.
- Develop a strategy to amplify personalized programs at IPSY that are scalable and support key business KPIs.
- Segment email lists based on customer lifecycle, affinity, and email preferences to deepen engagement and improve conversion.
- Collaborate closely with CRM Product to ensure data needed to execute specific campaigns is available, and if not, partner on finding solutions to pipe it into our ESP.
- Utilize data to monitor the performance and health of programs and identify areas for improvement; generating and testing hypotheses to improve performance.
- Establish rigorous A/B and multivariate testing agendas to test subject lines, cadence, segmentation, and timing to constantly improve results.
- Be the voice of marketing operations in all program related conversations, meetings, and brainstorms, including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand.
- Be the authority on the member journey for users; develop a deep understanding of the user mindset, behavior, and how best to use it to deliver results, all while utilizing insightful data insights.
- Create your own roadmap of initiatives that deliver KPIs that align with Growth, Product, Marketing, and Engineering roadmaps.
What We are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, quantitative or technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, push, SMS, in-app, site, etc.).
- 3+ years of working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- 2+ years experience developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, utilizing email, push, and site initiatives.
- Deep understanding of CRM, data structures, and how to integrate the two.
- Comfortable with quantitative analytics and have experience translating data into business and consumer insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fervent attention to detail and QA process. You are confident deploying emails to millions of users free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- You have cross-functional team experience and shown ability to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- Creative thinker with the ability to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Proficient with Excel
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
Bonus if You Have:
What We Offer:
- Light HTML experience is a plus
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Annual bonus program (paid out quarterly)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Work from home flexibility
- Free BoxyCharm subscription
- Learning & development programs
IPSY is the largest beauty membership in the world, home to sample-size beauty subscription Glam Bag, full-size beauty subscription BoxyCharm, celeb-curated collection Icon Box, and personal care brand Refreshments. When you join IPSY, you get insane insider prices on buzzworthy beauty that’s personalized for you so you can play, explore, and express your unique beauty every day.
Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, IPSY democratizes beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but the feeling of authentic self-expression that comes with the discovery of beauty products tailored to your unique preferences.
Our proprietary technology platform is the ultimate in beauty innovation, leveraging millions of member data points that has led to the creation of some of the world’s most-loved beauty subscriptions. To date, we have amassed over 200 million product reviews and built an avid beauty community who is at the heart of all we do.
Our world-class team—from merchandising to machine learning, editorial to engineering, and everything in between—works behind the scenes to make personalized beauty discovery possible.
Ready to join the beauty revolution and inspire everyone to express their unique beauty? Visit our careers site to learn more about the values, culture, benefits, and more across all our brands.
For United States Remote Roles: Candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states where IPSY has established a Business presence to be eligible for hire:Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
Salary Range:$86,500 - $120,000USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, IPSY also offers a bonus, equity grants and competitive benefits package.Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to view ourCCPA notice.