At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Technical Architect to help customers build, launch, and grow with Webflow by providing technical guidance, best practices, and solutions that demonstrate a deep understanding of customers’ business needs, technical needs, Webflow’s product, and trends in the industry. You will collaborate with cross-functional team members to uncover and unblock opportunities that allow customers to maximize their business value from Webflow, driving product and feature adoption and influencing product direction on their behalf.
With your technical expertise and industry knowledge you'll be able to help customers build with best practices in mind ensuring they'll build in a scalable manner and be able to grow in Webflow for years to come.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States EST or CST time zone; ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges depending on the cost of labor of the geographic area. The ranges shared below may change if you are hired in another geographic location.
United States (all figures cited below in USD and pertain to workers in the United States)
- Zone A: $200,000 - $250,000
- Zone B: $190,000 - $237,500
- Zone C: $180,000 - $225,000
Canada (All figures cited below in CAD and pertain to workers in ON, Canada)
- Zone A: $226,500 - $284,000
For sales roles, the ranges provided are the role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) ranges, meaning that the ranges include both the sales commissions target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Webflow and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’smarket location, job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills. Benefits/additional compensation for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; retirement plans; health benefits; and wellness stipends.
- Reportingto the Senior Manager, Technical Architects
As a Technical Architect, you’ll …
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success peers to launch new customers, drive successful product adoption, and reduce time to first value from Webflow. You’ll help tailor our launch strategies according to each customer’s business needs and objectives.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers to cultivate and deepen strategic relationships with multiple customers simultaneously, inspiring them and instilling them with confidence to grow their businesses with Webflow.
- Provide technical guidance in a consultative manner for customers, uncovering opportunities and steering them with detailed implementation plans that unblock their ability to successfully launch and grow with Webflow.
- Advocate for customers and influence product direction by gathering product feedback, aggregating trends into themes, and surfacing insights via our Voice of Customer program.
- Build cutting edge, repeatable artifacts to help tell Webflow's story in a compelling way that aligns with bringing our customers business value. You will combine product evangelism and your knowledge of customers to create templates, integrations, and site examples that make adopting Webflow easy.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Technical Architect if you:
- Possess 5+ years of SaaS technical experience, ideally in the web development or visual development space
- Are enthusiastic about earning customer trust, getting to know their businesses, and helping them achieve their goals
- Can effectively communicate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences and can facilitate conversations by bridging that gap
- Are comfortable working in fast-paced environments, adapting to changing priorities, and collaborating with a wide variety of people across functions, backgrounds, and experience levels
- Have excellent coaching, writing, discovery, and presentation skills
- Enjoy solving problems and puzzles, with the ability to identify cases where challenges or solutions are net new vs. cases where previous learnings can be repurposed
- Have prior experience with — or the technical aptitude to quickly learn — no-code and low-code products like Webflow or other tools that customers frequently use (e.g. Zapier, Memberstack, Mailchimp, Parabola, Bubble, Airtable, among many others)
- Are open minded with a bias toward growth, engaging in opportunities to learn, expand your current scope, and consider differing opinions
- Welcome a diverse mix of individuals (including customers and colleagues) and their different perspectives
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience.We deeply understandwhatwe’re building andwhowe’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency.We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care.Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark.We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as ateamto get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We arecommittedto building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Webflow. Please consult our Applicant Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.