About the Team
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
About the Role
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our technology teams have created unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage customer data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids.
We're looking for an experiencedChief Architect to help design, scale, and architect technical systems to power our unique and innovative personalized shopping experience. Reporting to our Chief Product & Technology Officer, you will help us make the tough technology decisions needed to serve our clients. You will guide our team of principal and lead engineers to formulate the overall technical strategy for the organization. You will be called upon to de-risk the hardest technical challenges we face as we design loosely coupled systems and make buy-vs-build decisions to meet business needs and serve our customers efficiently. In a team of world-class engineers, you will be an important part of the engineering leadership team that helps steer the company towards new heights while still building a tight knit culture and helping keep high morale.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build a strategic vision for our architecture by incorporating data, business objectives, and industry knowledge
- Lead and mentor a team of architects and principal engineers from across various domain and platform teams
- Work with senior engineering leaders cross functionally to align on technical initiatives and ensure communication and consistency across teams
- Break down complex technical problems into smaller deliverables that can be framed correctly for others to work on
- Help reduce ambiguity and increase developer productivity by working with the management team to share context and reduce inefficiencies
- Drive engineering and operational excellence across our ~400 person product and engineering organization
We’re excited about you because you bring…
- 15+ years of software engineering and architecture experience
- 10+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Deep sense of empathy and passion for consumers and end-users
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, adjacent fields or equivalent years of experience
- Experience working with distributed teams in the US. We use GitHub, Slack, Jira and Zoom extensively to collaborate
- Deep experience at influencing without positional authority, using great judgment to help teams be loosely coupled but highly aligned to the technical strategy
- Experience building architectures and strategies that serve multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Disciplined and balanced work ethic as a role model for other engineers
- Good understanding of machine learning and data science fundamentals is beneficial
- Experience with optimizing AWS investment across a complex architecture
- Deep knowledge of tradeoffs between different API integration technologies (REST, RPC, etc)
- Experience with Ruby and Rails, Golang, GraphQL, Node.js, and/or React is a plus
- Experience working on high-scale e-commerce websites and mobile apps
- Experience at a rapid scale or high team growth environment is a plus
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Recruiting Fraud Alert:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness